BCL-2 over expression in radio resistant B-1 cells from (NZB/NZW) F1 female mice (2006)
- Autor USP: MARIANO, MARIO - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: IMUNOLOGIA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Introduction and Aims: B-1 cells have been related with the pathogenesis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) (Eur. J. Immunol. 16:450-6, 1986). (B/W)F1 hybrid female mice spontaneously develop autoimmunity (Adv. Immunol. 37:269-390, 1985). Since the number of these cells is increased in the pleural and peritoneal cavities of these animals (J. Exp. Med. 157:202-18, 1983), we investigated whether elimination of peritoneal and pleural B-1 cells by local irradiation could affect the onset of the disease. Methods and Results: Peritoneal cells were characterized by flow cytometry and purification of B-1 cells was performed with magnetic beads. Protein extracts were evaluated by Western blot analysis. Results show that survival of irradiated (16 months) mice was higher when compared with non-irradiated animals (8 months). Irradiation lead to considerable decrease of B-1 cell population in BALB/c, NZB, NZW and male (B/W)F1 but not in female (B/W)F1 animals. Female (B/W)F1 mice had higher amounts of these cells in the peritoneal cavity even nine months after irradiation. We than investigated whether the radio resistance of B-1 cells from female (B/W)F1 mice could be related with over expression of the anti-apoptotic protein Bcl-2. Conclusion: A possible relationship between the radio resistance of B-1 cells and evolution of murine SLE was not established. However, our data suggest that the over expressed Bcl-2 anti-apoptotic protein by these cells may play a primordial role inmaintaining B-1 cells survival in peritoneal cavity after ionizing radiation.
- Título do periódico: Abstracts
- Conference titles: Meeting of the Brazilian Society for Immunology
ABNTBRITO, R R N; XANDER, P; MARIANO, Mario. BCL-2 over expression in radio resistant B-1 cells from (NZB/NZW) F1 female mice. Anais.. São Paulo: [s.n.], 2006.
APABrito, R. R. N., Xander, P., & Mariano, M. (2006). BCL-2 over expression in radio resistant B-1 cells from (NZB/NZW) F1 female mice. In Abstracts. São Paulo.
NLMBrito RRN, Xander P, Mariano M. BCL-2 over expression in radio resistant B-1 cells from (NZB/NZW) F1 female mice. Abstracts. 2006 ;
VancouverBrito RRN, Xander P, Mariano M. BCL-2 over expression in radio resistant B-1 cells from (NZB/NZW) F1 female mice. Abstracts. 2006 ;
- Inibicao de atividades do veneno de bothrops jararaca por cininogenio isolado do plasma de serpentes da mesma especie
- Fagocitose de neutrofilos e seus granulos por macrofagos inflamatorios de camundongos das linhagens balb / c e c57bl/6
- Effect of mycobacterium leprae on the activity of peritoneal macrophages of mice from the a / 'SN' and balb / c strain influence of bacterial delipidation
- Macrofago modulador da resposta inflamatoria induzida por carragenina em camundongos: estudo da capacidade de inibicao do spreading de macrofagos ativados
- Caracterizacao e purificacao do fator secretado pelo macrofago modulador
- Participacao do neutrofilo no controle da dor inflamatoria
- Reconhecimento de proteinas do fator desativador de macrofagos por elisa
- Morphological aspects of free floating schistosoma egg granulomata in the peritoneal cavity of infected mice
- Morphological aspects of free floating Schistosoma egg granulomata in the peritoneal cavity of infected mice
- Paralisia de macrofagos induzida pelo veneno de crotalus durissis terrificus
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas