A model for investigation of 1MHZ therapeutic ultrasound on the viability of macrophages in vitro (2006)
- Autor USP: MARIANO, MARIO - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: IMUNOLOGIA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: INTRODUCTION AND AIMS: When the homeostasis of the vascularized connective tissue is broken (lesion), a complex biological reaction named inflammation is initiated. Inflammation participates of the reconstitution and healing of the lesion. Macrophages (MÔ) play a key role in this process. It has been demonstrated that the therapeutic ultrasound (TUS) accelerates the healing process increasing the synthesis, quality and organization of collagen fibers. However, the intimate cellular mechanisms of healing acceleration by TUS are not understood. For this reason we developed a model to investigate the viability of MÔ in vitro under stimulation with TUS. MATERIAL AND METHODS: MÔ were obtained from cultures of bone marrow adherent cells from BALB/c mice supplemented with supernatant of L929 cell cultures. A devise called "irradiation tank" was constructed by the authors. Cells were equally divided in three samples having the following treatments: group 1 (n=6): not irradiation; group 2 (n=6): TUS pulsed (1/2), frequency 1MHz, intensity 0.5 W/cm2, 5 minutes; group 3 (n=6):TUS continuous, frequency 1MHz, intensity 0.5 W/cm2, 5 minutes. Viability of the cells was evaluated counting the number of cells stained with Trypan Blue before and after stimulation. RESULTS: Viability of macrophages (mean of three experiments) was: 97,64% in the non irradiated group; 94,62% in the pulsed group and 94,91% in the continuously irradiated group (p> 0.05). CONCLUSION: Thestimulation of macrophages with TUS did not influence their viability. The effect of TUS on macrophage activities such as phagocytosis, cytokine secretion and others are under investigation.
- Título do periódico: Abstracts
- Conference titles: Meeting of the Brazilian Society for Immunology
ABNTMENDONÇA JUNIOR, L W; LIEBANO, R E; ABEL, L C J; et al. A model for investigation of 1MHZ therapeutic ultrasound on the viability of macrophages in vitro. Anais.. São Paulo: [s.n.], 2006.
APAMendonça Junior, L. W., Liebano, R. E., Abel, L. C. J., Russo, R. T., Palos, M. C., & Mariano, M. (2006). A model for investigation of 1MHZ therapeutic ultrasound on the viability of macrophages in vitro. In Abstracts. São Paulo.
NLMMendonça Junior LW, Liebano RE, Abel LCJ, Russo RT, Palos MC, Mariano M. A model for investigation of 1MHZ therapeutic ultrasound on the viability of macrophages in vitro. Abstracts. 2006 ;
VancouverMendonça Junior LW, Liebano RE, Abel LCJ, Russo RT, Palos MC, Mariano M. A model for investigation of 1MHZ therapeutic ultrasound on the viability of macrophages in vitro. Abstracts. 2006 ;
- Inibicao de atividades do veneno de bothrops jararaca por cininogenio isolado do plasma de serpentes da mesma especie
- Fagocitose de neutrofilos e seus granulos por macrofagos inflamatorios de camundongos das linhagens balb / c e c57bl/6
- Effect of mycobacterium leprae on the activity of peritoneal macrophages of mice from the a / 'SN' and balb / c strain influence of bacterial delipidation
- Macrofago modulador da resposta inflamatoria induzida por carragenina em camundongos: estudo da capacidade de inibicao do spreading de macrofagos ativados
- Caracterizacao e purificacao do fator secretado pelo macrofago modulador
- Crotalus durissus terrificus venom inhibits some macrophage functions and is endowed with antiinflammatory properties
- Participacao do neutrofilo no controle da dor inflamatoria
- Reconhecimento de proteinas do fator desativador de macrofagos por elisa
- Morphological aspects of free floating schistosoma egg granulomata in the peritoneal cavity of infected mice
- Morphological aspects of free floating Schistosoma egg granulomata in the peritoneal cavity of infected mice
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas