Thick CrN/NbN Multilayer Coating Deposited by Cathodic Arc Technique (2017)
- USP affiliated authors: TSCHIPTSCHIN, ANDRE PAULO - EP ; SOUZA, ROBERTO MARTINS DE - EP
- School: EP
- DOI: 10.1590/1980-5373-mr-2016-0293.
- Subjects: DIFRAÇÃO POR RAIOS X; MICROSCOPIA ELETRÔNICA; MATERIAIS NANOESTRUTURADOS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The production of tribological nanoscale multilayer CrN/NbN coatings up to 6 μm thick by Sputtering/HIPIMS has been reported in literature. However, high demanding applications, such as internal combustion engine parts, need thicker coatings (>30 μm). The production of such parts by sputtering would be economically restrictive due to low deposition rates. In this work, nanoscale multilayer CrN/NbN coatings were produced in a high-deposition rate, industrial-size, Cathodic Arc Physical Vapor Deposition (ARC-PVD) chamber, containing three cathodes in alternate positions (Cr/ Nb/Cr). Four 30 μm thick NbN/CrN multilayer coatings with different periodicities (20, 10, 7.5 and 4 nm) were produced. The coatings were characterized by X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) and Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM). The multilayer coating system was composed of alternate cubic rocksalt CrN and NbN layers, coherently strained due to lattice mismatch. The film grew with columnar morphology through the entire stratified structure. The periodicities adopted were maintained throughout the entire coating. The 20 nm periodicity coating showed separate NbN and CrN peaks in the XRD patterns, while for the lower periodicity (≤10nm) coatings, just one intermediate lattice (d-spacing) was detected. An almost linear increase of hardness with decreasing bilayer period indicates that interfacial effects can dominate the hardening mechanisms.
- Este periódico é de acesso aberto
- Este artigo é de acesso aberto
- URL de acesso aberto
- Cor do Acesso Aberto: gold
- Licença: cc-by
ABNTARAUJO, Juliano Avelar; SOUZA, Roberto Martins de; LIMA, Nelson Batista de; TSCHIPTSCHIN, André Paulo. Thick CrN/NbN Multilayer Coating Deposited by Cathodic Arc Technique. Materials Research, São Carlos, v. 20, n. 1, p. 200-209, 2017. Disponível em: < http://www.scielo.br/pdf/mr/2016nahead/1516-1439-mr-1980-5373-MR-2016-0293.pdf > DOI: 10.1590/1980-5373-mr-2016-0293.
APAAraujo, J. A., Souza, R. M. de, Lima, N. B. de, & Tschiptschin, A. P. (2017). Thick CrN/NbN Multilayer Coating Deposited by Cathodic Arc Technique. Materials Research, 20( 1), 200-209. doi:10.1590/1980-5373-mr-2016-0293.
NLMAraujo JA, Souza RM de, Lima NB de, Tschiptschin AP. Thick CrN/NbN Multilayer Coating Deposited by Cathodic Arc Technique [Internet]. Materials Research. 2017 ; 20( 1): 200-209.Available from: http://www.scielo.br/pdf/mr/2016nahead/1516-1439-mr-1980-5373-MR-2016-0293.pdf
VancouverAraujo JA, Souza RM de, Lima NB de, Tschiptschin AP. Thick CrN/NbN Multilayer Coating Deposited by Cathodic Arc Technique [Internet]. Materials Research. 2017 ; 20( 1): 200-209.Available from: http://www.scielo.br/pdf/mr/2016nahead/1516-1439-mr-1980-5373-MR-2016-0293.pdf
- Residual stresses in titanium nitride thin films obtained with step variation of substrate bias voltage during deposition
- Finite element analysis of peak stresses developed during indentation of ceramic coated steels
- Structure and properties of low temperature plasma carburized austenitic stainless steels
- Analise comportamental dos coeficientes de atrito e desgaste de sistemas revestidos submetidos a desgaste micro-abrasivo
- Estudo do comportamento mecânico do conjunto filme cerâmico/substrato metálíco pelo método dos elementos finitos
- A study on friction coefficient and wear coefficient of coated systems submitted to micro-scale abrasion tests
- Effect of periodicity on hardness and scratch resistance of CrN/NbN nanoscale multilayer coating deposited by cathodic arc technique
- Modeling intrinsic residual stresses built-up during growth of nanostructured multilayer NbN/CrN coatings
- Desgaste por deslizamento do aço AISI H13 nitretado com revestimentos de TiN, TiC e multicamadas
- Residual stresses in titanium nitride thin films deposited by direct current and pulsed direct current unbalanced magnetron sputtering
Informações sobre o DOI: 10.1590/1980-5373-mr-2016-0293. (Fonte: oaDOI API)
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas