Antibodies to a 75-KDA protein from Paracoccidioides brasiliensis protect against experimental paracoccidioidomycosis (2006)
- Autor USP: MARIANO, MARIO - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: IMUNOLOGIA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Introduction and Objectives: Paracoccidioides brasiliensis is a dimorphic fungus that causes paracoccidioidomycosis (PCM), one of the most prevalent systemic mycosis in Latin America. The fungus presents a complex structure of proteins and glycoproteins whose molecular weight range from 13 to 148 kDa. The purpose of this study was the production and characterization of mAbs against a protein of 75-kDa of P. brasiliensis as well as to characterize the target antigen to study their possible protective capacity against experimental PCM in mice. Methods and Results: Mice were immunized with macerated polyacrilamide gel containing the protein of 75-kDa. Two hybridoma lines were generated: one IgM (1G6) and one IgG (5E7C) isotypes. Both mAbs bound to dividing yeast cells of P. brasiliensis and the addition of antibodies to the cultures clearly inhibited fungal growth. In vitro experiments showed that mAbs facilitate the phagocytosis and kill intracellular P. brasiliensis by peritoneal macrophages.Administration of mAbs by passive immunization assays reduced fungal burden and decrease pulmonary inflammation. The protein recognized by 5E7C mAb was cut off two-dimensional gels and one 16 amino acid peptide sequence was obtained. A BLAST search revealed homology of this sequence with hypothetical proteins of Magnaporthe grisea, Neurospora crassa, Gibberella zeae and Coccidioides imitis.. The hypothetical protein in Aspergillus fumigatusseems to have esterase activity. The antigen recognized by mAbs was purified from crude exoantigens of P. brasiliensis yeast cells and preliminary results showed that the protein recognized by mAbs probably contain a phosphomonoesterase activity. Conclusion: MAbs against a 75-kDa protein were protective in the murine experimental model of infection and the purified antigen probably contains acid phosphatase activity.
- Título do periódico: Abstracts
- Conference titles: Meeting of the Brazilian Society for Immunology
ABNTXANDER, P; FEITOSA, L S; MORTARA, R A; MARIANO, Mário; LOPES, J D. Antibodies to a 75-KDA protein from Paracoccidioides brasiliensis protect against experimental paracoccidioidomycosis. Anais.. São Paulo: [s.n.], 2006.
APAXander, P., Feitosa, L. S., Mortara, R. A., Mariano, M., & Lopes, J. D. (2006). Antibodies to a 75-KDA protein from Paracoccidioides brasiliensis protect against experimental paracoccidioidomycosis. In Abstracts. São Paulo.
NLMXander P, Feitosa LS, Mortara RA, Mariano M, Lopes JD. Antibodies to a 75-KDA protein from Paracoccidioides brasiliensis protect against experimental paracoccidioidomycosis. Abstracts. 2006 ;
VancouverXander P, Feitosa LS, Mortara RA, Mariano M, Lopes JD. Antibodies to a 75-KDA protein from Paracoccidioides brasiliensis protect against experimental paracoccidioidomycosis. Abstracts. 2006 ;
- An "in vivo" model for studying macrophage transformation into foamy cell
- Imuno-repulsão induzida pelo Mycobacterium Leprae no camundongo
- Hiperdiploidy and trisomy of chromoforme 15 in peritoneal macrophages of hyperimmune, older swiss mice
- Regulacao genetica da cinetica de macrofagos inflamatorios
- Anphioxus branchiostoma sp) an animal without inflammatory phagocytic cells
- Fator desativador de macrofagos inibe a migracao de macrofagos in vitro
- Morphological analysis of pleural and peritoneal macrophages activated for carrageen
- Glucana aumenta a resistencia ao choque septico em camundongos atimicos
- Expressao de mrp-8 e mrp-14 em macrofagos provenientes da cavidade pleural de camundongos injetados com carragenina
- Lipidios da parede celular do mycobacterium leprae induzem imunorrepulsao e bloqueiam funcoes macrofagicas in vivo
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas