Cafeteria diet induced uCP3 gene expression is imparied by hypothyroidism (2003)
- Autor USP: MORISCOT, ANSELMO SIGARI - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: HISTOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: Hypothyroid animals, that present not functional brown adipose tissue (BAT), under a high caloric/high lipid content diet show increased oxygen consumption comparing with hypothyroid animals under regular diet, suggesting alternative sites in energy balance control, such as skeletal muscle. UCP3, a member of the uncoupling protein (UCP) family, abundantly expressed in skeletal muscle, is considered a candidate to be involved in diet induced thermogenesis (DIT). In the present study we investigate the interaction between the two most potent UCP3 regulators, T3 and hypercaloric diet, on its expression in skeletal muscle. Métodos e Resultados: Experiments were performed on male Wistar rats weighing 180+20g. Rats were rendered hypothyroid by thyroidectomy under light ether anesthesia receiving methimazol (0.05%) in the drink water after surgery. The cafeteria diet is based on industrialized products found in a typical american cafeteria. Experimental group contained 2-3 animals per experiment.In the end of each experiment the rats were killed by decapitation, the gastrocnemius muscle dissected, immediately frozen in liquid nitrogen and stored in -70º freezer. The total RNA was extracted by the TrizolÔ method. The total RNA was analyzed by Northern Blot using a specific probe against UCP3 and 18S rRNA (internal control). Hypothyroid rats displayed decreased UCP3 expression comparing with euthyroid animals (56% p<0.05),and euthyroid cafeteria induced higher levels of UCP3 mRNA than euthyroid chow fed rats (60% p<0.05), confirming previous studies. Cafeteria diet in hypothyroid rats was unable to increase UCP3 mRNA levels as compared to control animals. Conclusões: The results show that hypercaloric diet is a strong stimulator of UCP 3 gene expression in skeletal muscle and requires T3 for adequate responsiveness
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Reunião Anual da Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTCHRISTOFFOLETE, M. A.; MORISCOT, Anselmo Sigari. Cafeteria diet induced uCP3 gene expression is imparied by hypothyroidism. Anais.. Curitiba, Paraná: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, 2003.
APAChristoffolete, M. A., & Moriscot, A. S. (2003). Cafeteria diet induced uCP3 gene expression is imparied by hypothyroidism. In Resumos. Curitiba, Paraná: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental.
NLMChristoffolete MA, Moriscot AS. Cafeteria diet induced uCP3 gene expression is imparied by hypothyroidism. Resumos. 2003 ;
VancouverChristoffolete MA, Moriscot AS. Cafeteria diet induced uCP3 gene expression is imparied by hypothyroidism. Resumos. 2003 ;
- Interação do fator músculo específico mef-2a com o receptor do hormônio tiroideano na ativação do gene da serca-2
- Expressão gênica do MEF-2A na hipértrofia cardíaca induzida por isoproterenol(ISO)
- Effect creatine supplementation upon skeletal muscle wasting during immobilazation
- Ciclosporina A atenua lesão muscular esquelética induzida por crotoxina
- Efeito da ciclosporina A em diferentes períodos de regeneração muscular esquelética induzida por criolesão
- Skeletal muscle structural and phenotype and adaptations during immobilization and recovery: effect of cyclosporin-A
- Efeito da ciclosporina A na atividade miotóxica de crotoxina e fosfolipases A2 miotóxicas de Bothrops asper
- Efeito do hormônio tireoideano e do tireomimético GC-24 na expressão de genes envolvidos na proteólise muscular
- Efeito de inibidores de calcineurina na atividade miotóxica de crotoxina e fosfolipases A2 miotóxicas de Bothrops Asper in vivo e in vitro.
- Plasticidade do músculo esquelético: efeitos da demanda funcional, estimulação hormonal, suplementação dietética e injúria
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas