Productivity of agile teams: an empirical evaluation of factors and monitoring processes (2013)
- Autor USP: MELO, CLAUDIA DE OLIVEIRA - IME
- Unidade: IME
- Sigla do Departamento: MAC
- Assunto: ENGENHARIA DE PROGRAMAS
- Agências de fomento:
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Lower cost and shorter time-to-market expectations are the major drivers of software productivity improvements. To manage productivity effectively, it is important to identify the most relevant difficulties and develop strategies to cope with them. Agile methods, including Extreme Programming and Scrum, have evolved as approaches to simplify software development process, potentially leading to better productivity. They aim to shorten development time and handle the inevitable changes resulting from market dynamics. Although the industry has extensively adopted agile methods, little research has empirically examined the software development agility construct regarding its dimensions, determinants, and effects on software development performance. Understanding this construct could help determine where to concentrate management efforts (and related financial resources) from a practical standpoint and where to focus research efforts from an academic perspective. Considerable research has been directed at identifying factors that have a significant impact on software development productivity. In general, the studied productivity factors were related to product, personnel, project, process, or organizational issues. Continuously evaluating productivity factors is important, as factors may change under new software engineering practices. However, little research has investigated the major factors influencing agile team productivity. ]The goal of this thesis was to explore productivity definitions, factors, and monitoring in agile teams and to improve the practice based on the collected evidence and gained knowledge.
- Data da defesa: 09.05.2013
ABNTMELO, Claudia de Oliveira; KON, Fabio. Productivity of agile teams: an empirical evaluation of factors and monitoring processes. 2013.Universidade de São Paulo, São Paulo, 2013. Disponível em: < http://www.teses.usp.br/teses/disponiveis/45/45134/tde-25052015-120242 >.
APAMelo, C. de O., & Kon, F. (2013). Productivity of agile teams: an empirical evaluation of factors and monitoring processes. Universidade de São Paulo, São Paulo. Recuperado de http://www.teses.usp.br/teses/disponiveis/45/45134/tde-25052015-120242
NLMMelo C de O, Kon F. Productivity of agile teams: an empirical evaluation of factors and monitoring processes [Internet]. 2013 ;Available from: http://www.teses.usp.br/teses/disponiveis/45/45134/tde-25052015-120242
VancouverMelo C de O, Kon F. Productivity of agile teams: an empirical evaluation of factors and monitoring processes [Internet]. 2013 ;Available from: http://www.teses.usp.br/teses/disponiveis/45/45134/tde-25052015-120242
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas