The relation between shareholder value orientation and human resources management in brazilian settings (2013)
- Autor USP: MARX, ROBERTO - EP
- Unidade: EP
- Subjects: ADMINISTRAÇÃO DE RECURSOS HUMANOS; DESEMPENHO NO TRABALHO; VALOR (ADMINISTRAÇÃO); ACIONISTA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: This article attempts to expand knowledge about the influence of an effort on generating shareholder value on human resource management practices, especially in the production environment. Initially, the paper reviews the origins and the bases of the financialization and shareholder value concepts, where the main focus is on an effort to increase the share prices. Next the interface of these concepts, with human resource management practices is analyzed, exploring their two-way nature since the human resources function is influenced by company guidelines, but is also known as one of the main ways to help disseminate them in keeping with its role as change agent. In this sense, three main elements that comprise this interface are explored more deeply: variable compensation, performance management and work autonomy. Finally, a multiple case study is presented, which attempts to verify how the financial concept of a company has in fact influenced these practices with respect to personnel management at the production level of organizations in Brazil, as well as how much they have contributed to the diffusion of generating shareholder value. The results of this study indicate that on the conceptual plane the influence of the orientation toward generating shareholder value on personnel management practices is clear, but that in practice, it is still not in place, despite the changes moving in that direction
ABNTMARX, Roberto; SOARES, João Paulo Reis Faleiros. The relation between shareholder value orientation and human resources management in brazilian settings. Espacios, Caracas, v. 34, n. 8, p. 19, 2013.
APAMarx, R., & Soares, J. P. R. F. (2013). The relation between shareholder value orientation and human resources management in brazilian settings. Espacios, 34( 8), 19.
NLMMarx R, Soares JPRF. The relation between shareholder value orientation and human resources management in brazilian settings. Espacios. 2013 ;34( 8): 19.
VancouverMarx R, Soares JPRF. The relation between shareholder value orientation and human resources management in brazilian settings. Espacios. 2013 ;34( 8): 19.
- Distribuição exclusiva: repensando o modelo para o setor automobilístico
- Modelo explicativo para a configuração do canal de distribuição de automóveis novos no Brasil
- Organizacion inter-empresarial de emprendedores post-fordistas
- Como ocorrem as inovações no setor de serviços?: um estudo de casos múltiplos no Brasil
- Brasil, um dos paises que pior pagou seu trabalhador . [Depoimento]
- Como ocorrem as inovações em serviços?: um estudo exploratório de empresas no Brasil
- Modernization trajectory in small and medium-sized firms in brazilian automotive industry
- Industria automobilistica brasileira
- Qualidade e produtividade em pequenas e medias empresas do setor automotivo brasileiro
- Dia do trabalho , cada vez mais so trabalho. [Entrevista]
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas