Energy dependence of moments of net-proton multiplicity distributions at RHIC (2013)
- USP affiliated authors: MUNHOZ, MARCELO GAMEIRO - IF ; SUAIDE, ALEXANDRE ALARCON DO PASSO - IF ; TOLEDO, ALEJANDRO SZANTO DE - IF
- School: IF
- Subject: COLISÕES DE ÍONS PESADOS RELATIVÍSTICOS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: We report the beam energy (√ sNN = 7.7 - 200 GeV) and collision centrality dependence of the mean (M), standard deviation (σ), skewness (S), and kurtosis (κ) of the net-proton multiplicity distributions in Au+Au collisions. The measurements are carried out by the STAR experiment at midrapidity (|y| < 0.5) and within the transverse momentum range 0.4 < pT < 0.8 GeV/c in the first phase of the Beam Energy Scan program at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider. These measurements are important for understanding the Quantum Chromodynamic (QCD) phase diagram.3 The products of the moments, Sσ and κσ2 , are sensitive to the correlation length of the hot and dense medium created in the collisions and are related to the ratios of baryon number susceptibilities of corresponding orders. The products of moments are found to have values significantly below the Skellam expectation and close to expectations based on independent proton and anti-proton production. The measurements are compared to a transport model calculation to understand the effect of acceptance and baryon number conservation, and also to a hadron resonance gas model.
ABNTADAMCZYK, L; LIMA, Lucas Mafia de; MUNHOZ, Marcelo Gameiro; et al. Energy dependence of moments of net-proton multiplicity distributions at RHIC. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APAAdamczyk, L., Lima, L. M. de, Munhoz, M. G., Oliveira, R. A. N. de, Souza, U. G. de, Suaide, A. A. do P., & Szanto de Toledo, A. (2013). Energy dependence of moments of net-proton multiplicity distributions at RHIC. São Paulo.
NLMAdamczyk L, Lima LM de, Munhoz MG, Oliveira RAN de, Souza UG de, Suaide AA do P, Szanto de Toledo A. Energy dependence of moments of net-proton multiplicity distributions at RHIC. 2013 ;
VancouverAdamczyk L, Lima LM de, Munhoz MG, Oliveira RAN de, Souza UG de, Suaide AA do P, Szanto de Toledo A. Energy dependence of moments of net-proton multiplicity distributions at RHIC. 2013 ;
- Fluctuations of charge separation perpendicular to the event plane and local parity violation in √ sNN= 200 GeV Au+Au collisions at RHIC
- Neutral pion cross section and spin asymmetries at intermediate pseudorapidity in polarized proton collisions at √ s = 200 GeV
- Azimuthal di-hadron correlations in d+Au and Au+Au collisions at 'ANTPOT.s NN POT.1/2' =200 GeV from STAR
- Neutral Pion Production in Au+Au Collisions at ``ANTPOT. S NN´ POT.1/2´= 200 GeV
- System size dependence of associated yields in hadron-triggered jets
- J/`psi´ production at high transverse momenta in p+p and Cu+Cu collisions at``ANTPOT.S NN´ POT. 1/2´= 200 GeV
- K/ fluctuations at relativistic energies
- Transverse single-spin asymmetry and cross-section for 'pi' IND. 0' and mesons at large feynman-'qui' in 'rô' POT. ↑'+'rô' collisions at 'S POT. 1/2' = 200 GeV
- Measurement of the transverse energy for Au+Au collision at p sNN = 200 GeV
- Scaling properties of hyperon production in Au + Au collisions at ''S IND.NN' POT. 1/2 '= 200 GeV
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas