Centrality categorization for Rp(d)+A in high-energy collisions (2013)
- USP affiliated authors: DIETZSCH, OLACIO - IF ; LEITE, MARCO AURELIO LISBOA - IF ; TAKAGUI, EMI MARCIA - IF
- Unidade: IF
- Assunto: COLISÕES DE ÍONS PESADOS RELATIVÍSTICOS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: High energy proton- and deuteron-nucleus collisions provide an excellent tool for studying a wide array of physics eﬀects, including modiﬁcations of parton distribution functions in nuclei, gluon saturation, and color neutralization and hadronization in a nuclear environment, among others. All of these eﬀects are expected to have a signiﬁcant dependence on the size of the nuclear target and the impact parameter of the collision, also known as the collision centrality. In this article, we detail a method for determining centrality classes in p(d) + A collisions via cuts on the multiplicity at backward rapidity (i.e., the nucleus-going direction) and for determining systematic uncertainties in this procedure. For d+Au collisions at √sNN = 200 GeV we ﬁnd that the connection to geometry is conﬁrmed by measuring the fraction of events in which a neutron from the deuteron does not interact with the nucleus. As an application, we consider the nuclear modiﬁcation factors Rp(d)+A, for which there is a bias in the measured centrality-dependent yields due to auto correlations between the process of interest and the backward-rapidity multiplicity. We determine the bias-correction factors within this framework. This method is further tested using the hijing MC generator. We ﬁnd that for d+Au collisions at √sNN = 200 GeV, these bias corrections are small and vary by less than 5% (10%) up to pT=10 (20) GeV/c. In contrast, for p+Pb collisions at √sNN = 5.02 TeV we ﬁnd these bias factors are an order of magnitude larger and strongly pT dependent, likely due to the larger eﬀect of multiparton interactions.
ABNTADARE, A; DIETZSCH, Olácio; DONADELLI, Marisílvia; LEITE, Marco Aurelio Lisboa; TAKAGUI, E. M. Centrality categorization for Rp(d)+A in high-energy collisions. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APAAdare, A., Dietzsch, O., Donadelli, M., Leite, M. A. L., & Takagui, E. M. (2013). Centrality categorization for Rp(d)+A in high-energy collisions. São Paulo.
NLMAdare A, Dietzsch O, Donadelli M, Leite MAL, Takagui EM. Centrality categorization for Rp(d)+A in high-energy collisions. 2013 ;
VancouverAdare A, Dietzsch O, Donadelli M, Leite MAL, Takagui EM. Centrality categorization for Rp(d)+A in high-energy collisions. 2013 ;
- Recent quarkonia studies from the PHENIX experiment
- Three dimensional Lévy HBT results from PHENIX
- PHENIX results on collectivity in small systems
- Low-mass vector-meson production at forward rapidity in p+p collisions at 's POt. 1/2'=200 GeV
- System-size dependence of open-heavy-flavor production in nucleus-nucleus collisions at 's IND. NN' POT. 1/2'=200 GeV
- Transverse-energy distributions at midrapidity in p+p, d+'AU', and 'AU'+'AU' collisions at 's IND. NN' POT. 1/2'=62.4–200 GeV and implications for particle-production models
- Measurements of elliptic and triangular flow in high-multiplicity 'ANTPOT. 3 'HE'+'AU' collisions at 's IND. NN' POT. 1/2=200 GeV
- Systematic study of charged-pion and kaon femtoscopy in 'AU' + 'AU' collisions at 's IND. NN' POT. 1/2'=200 GeV
- Inclusive double-helicity asymmetries in neutral-pion and eta-meson production in 'VET.p' + 'VET.p´collisions at 's IND. NN' POT. 1/2' = 200 GeV
- Measurement of Direct Photons in Au+Au Collisions at √sNN=200 GeV
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas