Modulated phases and devil s staircases in a layered mean- field version of the ANNNI model (2013)
- Autor USP: SALINAS, SILVIO ROBERTO DE AZEVEDO - IF
- Unidade: IF
- Assunto: MECÂNICA ESTATÍSTICA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: We investigate the phase diagram of a spin-1=2 Ising model on a cubic lattice, with competing interactions between nearest and next-nearest neighbors along an axial direction, and fully connected spins on the sites of each perpendicular layer. The problem is formulated in terms of a set of noninteracting Ising chains in a position-dependent eld. At low temperatures, as in the standard mean-feild version of the Axial-Next-Nearest-Neighbor Ising (ANNNI) model, there are many distinct spatially commensurate phases that spring from a multiphase point of in nitely degenerate ground states. As temperature increases, we con rm the existence of a branching mechanism associated with the onset of higher-order commensurate phases. We check that the ferromagnetic phase undergoes a rst-order transition to the modulated phases. Depending on a parameter of competition, the wave number of the striped patterns locks in rational values, giving rise to a devil s staircase. We numerically calculate the Hausdor dimension D0 associated with these fractal structures, and show that D0 increases with temperature but seems to reach a limiting value smaller than D0 = 1.
ABNTNASCIMENTO, Eduardo; LIMA, J P de; SALINAS, Sílvio Roberto de Azevedo. Modulated phases and devil s staircases in a layered mean- field version of the ANNNI model. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APANascimento, E., Lima, J. P. de, & Salinas, S. R. de A. (2013). Modulated phases and devil s staircases in a layered mean- field version of the ANNNI model. São Paulo.
NLMNascimento E, Lima JP de, Salinas SR de A. Modulated phases and devil s staircases in a layered mean- field version of the ANNNI model. 2013 ;
VancouverNascimento E, Lima JP de, Salinas SR de A. Modulated phases and devil s staircases in a layered mean- field version of the ANNNI model. 2013 ;
- Phenomenologica model for the remanent magnetization of dilute quasi-one-dimensional antiferromagnets
- Magnetização remanente de antiferromagnetos quase-unidimensionais diluídos
- A cultura da física: entropia do gelo e outras histórias
- Fenomenos criticos em mecanica estatistica
- Escada do diabo completa num modelo de ising com interacoes competitivas
- Competing and aperiodic interactions in the Ising chain
- Calculations for the nematic ordering of a mixture of uniaxial rod and disk particles
- Transições de fase e fenômenos críticos: simetrias e universalidade
- Introdução aos fenômenos críticos e multicríticos.
- A quantum spherical model with competing interactions
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas