Heavy quark production and gluon saturation in double parton scattering at LHC (2013)
- Autor USP: NAVARRA, FERNANDO SILVEIRA - IF
- Unidade: IF
- Subjects: CROMODINÂMICA QUÂNTICA; REAÇÕES NUCLEARES
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The production of ccc¯ c¯, b ¯bb¯b and ccb¯ ¯b pairs considering double parton scattering at LHC energies is investigated. We estimate the contribution of saturation eﬀects to the diﬀerent ﬁnal states and predict the energy dependence of the cross sections. Moreover, we estimate the ratio between the double and single parton scattering cross sections for the full rapidity range of the LHC and for the rapidity range of the LHCb experiment. For the full rapidity range we conﬁrm a previous prediction, namely that for charm production the double parton scattering contribution becomes comparable with the single parton scattering one at LHC energies. We also demonstrate that this result remains valid when one introduces saturation eﬀects in the calculations. Finally we show that the production of ccb¯ ¯b contributes signiﬁcantly to bottom production. For the LHCb kinematical range the ratio is strongly reduced.
ABNTCAZAROTO, Erike Roberto; GONCALVES, V P; NAVARRA, Fernando Silveira. Heavy quark production and gluon saturation in double parton scattering at LHC. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APACazaroto, E. R., Goncalves, V. P., & Navarra, F. S. (2013). Heavy quark production and gluon saturation in double parton scattering at LHC. São Paulo.
NLMCazaroto ER, Goncalves VP, Navarra FS. Heavy quark production and gluon saturation in double parton scattering at LHC. 2013 ;
VancouverCazaroto ER, Goncalves VP, Navarra FS. Heavy quark production and gluon saturation in double parton scattering at LHC. 2013 ;
- Heavy quark production in pA collisions: the double parton scattering contribution
- Exclusive heavy vector meson photoproduction in hadronic collisions at the LHC: predictions of the color glass condensate model for run 2 energies
- D - meson production at very forward rapidities: estimating the intrinsic charm contribution.
- Exclusive vector meson photoproduction with a leading baryon in photon: hadron interactions at hadronic colliders
- Quark gluon plasma in strong magnetic field
- Soliton propagation in relativistic hydrodynamics
- Looking for KdV solitons in a cold and magnetized quark gluon plasma
- Exclusive 'rô' and J/'psi' photoproduction in ultraperipheral pA collisions distributions: predictions of the gluon saturation models for the momentum transfer distributions
- Non-linear QCD dynamics in two-photon interactions at high energies
- Double vector meson production in 'gama''gama' interactions at hadronic colliders
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas