Large-scale analysis of the SDSS-III DR8 photometric luminous galaxies angular correlation function (2013)
- Autor USP: LIMA, MARCOS VINICIUS BORGES TEIXEIRA - IF
- Unidade: IF
- Subjects: COSMOLOGIA; UNIVERSO; ESTRUTURA DO UNIVERSO
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: We analyse the large-scale angular correlation function (ACF) of the CMASS luminous galaxies (LGs), a photometric-redshift catalogue based on the Data Release 8 (DR8) of the Sloan Digital Sky Survey-III. This catalogue contains over 600 000 LGs in the range 0.45 6 z 6 0.65, which was split into four redshift shells of constant width. First, we estimate the constraints on the redshift-space distortion (RSD) parameters bσ8 and fσ8, where b is the galaxy bias, f the growth rate and σ8 is the normalization of the perturbations, ﬁnding that they vary appreciably among different redshift shells, in agreement with previous results using DR7 data. When assuming constant RSD parameters over the survey redshift range, we obtain fσ8 = 0.69 ± 0.21, which agrees at the 1.5σ level with Baryon Oscillation Spectroscopic Survey DR9 spectroscopic results. Next, we performed two cosmological analyses, where relevant parameters not ﬁtted were kept ﬁxed at their ﬁducial values. In the ﬁrst analysis, we extracted the baryon acoustic oscillation peak position for the four redshift shells, and combined with the sound horizon scale from 7-year Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP7) to produce the constraints Ωm = 0.249 ± 0.031 and w = −0.885 ± 0.145. In the second analysis, we used the ACF full shape information to constrain cosmology using real data for the ﬁrst time, ﬁnding Ωm = 0.280±0.022 and fb = Ωb/Ωm = 0.211±0.026. These results are in good agreement with WMAP7 ﬁndings, showing that the ACF can be efﬁciently applied to constrain cosmology in future photometric galaxy survey.
ABNTSIMONI, Fernando de; SOBREIRA , Flavia; CARNERO, Aurelio; et al. Large-scale analysis of the SDSS-III DR8 photometric luminous galaxies angular correlation function. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APASimoni, F. de, Sobreira , F., Carnero, A., Ross, A. J., Camacho, H. O., Rosenfeld, R., et al. (2013). Large-scale analysis of the SDSS-III DR8 photometric luminous galaxies angular correlation function. São Paulo.
NLMSimoni F de, Sobreira F, Carnero A, Ross AJ, Camacho HO, Rosenfeld R, Lima MVBT, Costa LAN da, Maia MAG. Large-scale analysis of the SDSS-III DR8 photometric luminous galaxies angular correlation function. 2013 ;
VancouverSimoni F de, Sobreira F, Carnero A, Ross AJ, Camacho HO, Rosenfeld R, Lima MVBT, Costa LAN da, Maia MAG. Large-scale analysis of the SDSS-III DR8 photometric luminous galaxies angular correlation function. 2013 ;
- Simulations of Galileon modi ed gravity: clustering statistics in real and redshift space
- Critical versus spurious fluctuations in the search for the QCD critical point
- Cosmic shear measurements with DES science verication data
- Galaxy clustering, photometric redshifts and diagnosis of systematics in the DES science verification data
- redMaGiC: selecting luminous red galaxies from the DES science veri cation data
- The DES science verification weak lensing shear catalogues
- Redshift distributions of galaxies in the DES science verication shear catalogue and implications for weak lensing
- Mass functions, luminosity functions, and completeness measurements from clustering redshifts
- The LABOCA/ACT survey of clusters at all redshifts: multi-wavelength analysis of background submillimeter galaxies
- BAO from angular clustering: optimization and mitigation of theoretical systematics
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas