Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters (2013)
- USP affiliated authors: LIMA, MARCOS VINICIUS BORGES TEIXEIRA - IF ; SODRE JUNIOR, LAERTE - IAG
- Unidades: IF; IAG
- Subjects: COSMOLOGIA; MATÉRIA ESCURA; GALÁXIAS; CLUSTERS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: We use the stacked gravitational lensing mass proﬁle of four high-mass s (M & 1015M⊙)galaxy clusters around z ≈ 0.3 from Umetsu et al. to ﬁt density proﬁles of phenomenological [Navarro-Frenk-White (NFW), Einasto, Sérsic, Stadel, Baltz-Marshall-Oguri (BMO) and Hernquist] and theoretical (non-singular Isothermal Sphere, DARKexp and Kang & He) models of the dark matter distribution. We account for large-scale structure effects, including a 2-halo term in the analysis. We ﬁnd that the BMO model provides the best ﬁt to the data as measured by the reduced χ 2 . It is followed by the Stadel proﬁle, the generalized NFW proﬁle with a free inner slope and by the Einasto proﬁle. The NFW model provides the best ﬁt if we neglect the 2-halo term, in agreement with results from Umetsu et al. Among the theoretical proﬁles, the DARKexp model with a single form parameter has the best performance, very close to that of the BMO proﬁle. This may indicate a connection between this theoretical model and the phenomenology of dark matter halos, shedding light on the dynamical basis of empirical proﬁles which emerge from numerical simulations.
ABNTSILVA, Leandro José Beraldo e; LIMA, Marcos Vinicius Borges Teixeira; SODRÉ JÚNIOR, Laerte. Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APASilva, L. J. B. e, Lima, M. V. B. T., & Sodré Júnior, L. (2013). Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters. São Paulo.
NLMSilva LJB e, Lima MVBT, Sodré Júnior L. Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters. 2013 ;
VancouverSilva LJB e, Lima MVBT, Sodré Júnior L. Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters. 2013 ;
- Statistical mechanics of self-gravitating systems: mixing as a criterion for indistinguishability
- The Arrow of Time in the Collapse of Collisionless Self-gravitating Systems: Non-validity of the Vlasov–Poisson Equation during Violent Relaxation
- Quasar variability in the framework of poissonian models
- Plano fundamental de aglomerados de galáxias
- O brilho superficial das galáxias de campo
- Evidências fotométricas da remoção de estrelas por força de maré em aglomerados
- Optical monitoring of quasars - I. Variability
- Classificação espectral de galáxias no superaglomerado de Shapley
- Variabilidade ótica de núcleos ativos de galáxias
- A probabilistic formulation for empirical population synthesis: sampling methods and tests
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas