Toward a microscopic description of reactions involving exotic nuclei (2013)
- USP affiliated authors: HUSSEIN, MAHIR SALEH - IF
- Unidades: IF
- Subjects: REAÇÕES NUCLEARES; ESPALHAMENTO
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: We propose an extension of the Continuum Discretized Coupled Channels (CDCC) method, where the projectile is described by a microscopic cluster model. This microscopic generalization (MCDCC) only relies on nucleon-target interactions, and therefore presents an important predictive power. Core excitations can be included without any further parameter. As an example we investigate the 7Li+208Pb elastic scattering at Elab = 27 and 35 MeV. The 7Li nucleus is known to present an α+t cluster structure, and is well described by the Resonating Group Method. An excellent agreement is obtained for the 7Li+208Pb elastic cross sections, provided that breakup channels are properly included. We also present an application to inelastic scattering, and discuss future applications of the MCDCC.
ABNTDESCOUVEMON, P; HUSSEIN, Mahir Saleh. Toward a microscopic description of reactions involving exotic nuclei. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APADescouvemon, P., & Hussein, M. S. (2013). Toward a microscopic description of reactions involving exotic nuclei. São Paulo.
NLMDescouvemon P, Hussein MS. Toward a microscopic description of reactions involving exotic nuclei. 2013 ;
VancouverDescouvemon P, Hussein MS. Toward a microscopic description of reactions involving exotic nuclei. 2013 ;
- Double nn scattering effects in the ion-ion interaction at intermediate energies
- Zero-point fluctuations and the diffuseness of the nuclear surface
- Quark structure of the nucleon and quantum hadrodynamics
- Hybrid model for the decay of nuclear giant resonances
- Glauber calculation of heavy- ion and light-ion inclusive break-up cross section
- Quantal theory of fragment production in heavy-ion reactions
- Direct projectile break-up and its relation to the astrophysically relevant fusion reactions.
- Heavy ion excitation of giant resonances: a bridge from the elastic scattering to the inelastic data
- Coupled-channels study of 'ANTPOT.11 BE' coulomb excitation
- Statistical doorway role of the dinucleus in heavy ion deep inelastic reactions
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas