Finite ﬁeld-energy of a point charge in QED (2013)
- Autor USP: GUITMAN, DMITRI MAXIMOVITCH - IF
- Unidade: IF
- Subjects: ELETRODINÂMICA QUÂNTICA; TEORIA DE CAMPOS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: We consider a simple nonlinear (quartic in the ﬁelds) gauge-invariant modiﬁcation of classical electrodynamics, which possesses a regularizing ability suﬃcient to make the ﬁeld energy of a point charge ﬁnite. The model is exactly solved in the class of static central-symmetric electric ﬁelds. Collation with quantum electrodynamics (QED) results in the total ﬁeld energy about twice the electron mass. The proof of the ﬁniteness of the ﬁeld energy is extended to include any polynomial selﬁnteraction, thereby the one that stems from the truncated expansion of the Euler-Heisenberg local Lagrangian in QED in powers of the ﬁeld strenth.
ABNTCOSTA, Caio V; GITMAN, Dmitri Maximovitch; SHABAD, Anatoly E. Finite ﬁeld-energy of a point charge in QED. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APACosta, C. V., Gitman, D. M., & Shabad, A. E. (2013). Finite ﬁeld-energy of a point charge in QED. São Paulo.
NLMCosta CV, Gitman DM, Shabad AE. Finite ﬁeld-energy of a point charge in QED. 2013 ;
VancouverCosta CV, Gitman DM, Shabad AE. Finite ﬁeld-energy of a point charge in QED. 2013 ;
- Dependence of effective spectrum width of synchrotron radiation on particle energy
- Particle scattering and vacuum instability by exponential steps
- Finite field-energy of a point charge in QED
- Symmetries and physical functions in general gauge theory
- Electric charge is a magnetic dipole when placed in a background magnetic field
- Oscillator representations for self-adjoint calogero hamiltonians
- Noncommutative magnetic moment of charged particles
- Angular dependence of synchrotron radiation intensity
- Solutions of relativistic wave equations in superpositions of Aharonov-Bohm, magnetic, and electric fields
- Self-adjoint extension of the Dirac operator in the superposition of a uniform magnetic field and the Aharonov-Bohm potential
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas