Nuclear astrophysics with radioactive ions at FAIR (2013)
- Autor USP: GASQUES, LEANDRO ROMERO - IF
- Unidade: IF
- Subjects: REAÇÕES NUCLEARES; ASTROFÍSICA; ÍONS PESADOS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The nucleosynthesis of elements beyond iron is dominated by neutron captures in the s and r processes. However, 32 stable, proton-rich isotopes cannot be formed during those processes, because they are shielded from the s-process ow and r-process -decay chains. These nuclei are attributed to the p and rp process. For all those processes, current research in nuclear astrophysics addresses the need for more precise reaction data involving radioactive isotopes. Depending on the particular reaction, direct or inverse kinematics, forward or time-reversed direction are investigated to determine or at least to constrain the desired reaction cross sections. The Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research (FAIR) will o er unique, unprecedented opportunities to investigate many of the important reactions. The high yield of radioactive isotopes, even far away from the valley of stability, allows the investigation of isotopes involved in processes as exotic as the r or rp processes.
ABNTREIFARTH, R; GASQUES, Leandro Romero. Nuclear astrophysics with radioactive ions at FAIR. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APAReifarth, R., & Gasques, L. R. (2013). Nuclear astrophysics with radioactive ions at FAIR. São Paulo.
NLMReifarth R, Gasques LR. Nuclear astrophysics with radioactive ions at FAIR. 2013 ;
VancouverReifarth R, Gasques LR. Nuclear astrophysics with radioactive ions at FAIR. 2013 ;
- Measuring 12C+12C fusion reaction cross section at astrophysical energies with the GASTLY apparatus
- Nuclear reactions in the crusts of accreting neutron stars
- α-α interaction reexamined in the context of the Sao Paulo potential: possible applications in astrophysics?
- Predominant time scales in fission processes in reactions of S, 'TI' and 'NI' with W: zeptosecond versus attosecond
- Test measurement of 7Be(p, γ)8B with the recoil mass separator ERNA
- O potencial de São Paulo: uma descrição geral de reações nucleares entre íons pesados
- Strong neutrino cooling by cycles of electron capture and `beta-´ decay in neutron star crusts
- Homenagem ao prof. Hussein
- Constraining the 'ANTPOT. 12''C'+'ANTPOT. 12''C' astrophysical S-factors with the 'ANTPOT. 12''C'+'ANTPOT. 13''C' measurements at very low energies
- Reações nucleares e pesquisa no LAFN do IFUSP
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas