Photo-ﬁssion of 232Th and 238U at intermediate energies (2013)
- USP affiliated authors: DEPPMAN, AIRTON - IF ; GUIMARAES, VALDIR - IF
- Unidade: IF
- Subjects: FISSÃO NUCLEAR; REAÇÕES FOTONUCLEARES
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: In this work we present an analysis of the yields of ﬁssion fragments induced by bremsstrahlung photons with endpoint energies of 50 and 3500 MeV on 232Th and 238U targets using the simulation code CRISP. A multimodal ﬁssion option was added to this code and an extension of the calculation to the properties of the ﬁssion products is presented. By dividing the ﬁssioning nuclei according to their ﬁssionability, an approach is introduced which accounts for the contribution of symmetric and asymmetric ﬁssion. By adopting this procedure, it was possible to calculate the main parameters for the ﬁssion fragment charge distribution such as the most probable charge for a given ﬁssion product mass chain and its corresponding width parameter. Also, it was possible to reproduce features of fragment mass distribution and evaluate the ﬁssility of ﬁssioning nuclei for photon-induced ﬁssion of 232Th and 238U.
ABNTDEPPMAN, Airton; ANDRADE-II, E; GUIMARAES, Valdir; KARAPETYANA, G S; DEMEKHINA, N A. Photo-ﬁssion of 232Th and 238U at intermediate energies. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APADeppman, A., Andrade-II, E., Guimaraes, V., Karapetyana, G. S., & Demekhina, N. A. (2013). Photo-ﬁssion of 232Th and 238U at intermediate energies. São Paulo.
NLMDeppman A, Andrade-II E, Guimaraes V, Karapetyana GS, Demekhina NA. Photo-ﬁssion of 232Th and 238U at intermediate energies. 2013 ;
VancouverDeppman A, Andrade-II E, Guimaraes V, Karapetyana GS, Demekhina NA. Photo-ﬁssion of 232Th and 238U at intermediate energies. 2013 ;
- Superasymmetric fission of heavy nuclei induced by intermediate-energy protons
- Proton-induced ﬁssion on 241Am, 238U and 237Np at intermediate energies
- Target residues formed in the 4.4 GeV deuteron-induced reaction on gold
- Photofission of 'ANTPOT.232 'TH' and '238 ANTPOT. 'U' at intermediate energies
- Proton-induced fission on 'ANTPOT.241 'AM', 'ANTPOT. 238 U', and 'ANTPOT. 237 'NP' at intermediate energies
- Target residues formed in the deuteron-induced reaction of gold at incident energy 2.2 AGeV
- Fission of pre-actinide nuclei
- Systematic study of fission modes in the proton-induced fission of actinide and pre-actinide
- Isomer production in intermediate-energy deuteron-induced reactions on a gold target
- Recoil properties of fragments formed in 4.4 GeV deuteron-induced reactions on a gold target
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas