Pleasure of eating (2009)
- USP affiliated authors: FONSECA, ROSA MARIA GODOY SERPA DA - EE
- Unidades: EE
- Subjects: ALIMENTOS; ALIMENTAÇÃO; QUALIDADE DE VIDA; QUALIDADE DOS ALIMENTOS; HÁBITOS ALIMENTARES; PREFERÊNCIAS ALIMENTARES; NUTRIÇÃO
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: LEARNINGOUTCOME: To recognize eating, not only as an essential physiological activity, but also as a source of pleasure. Eating is an essential physiological activity which is a source of pleasure throughout life and a meal, as a social event, is something important. The foodservice department staff of the University of São Paulo, Brazil, serves 6,000 meals/day to the local community (students, teachers and employees). This department staff searched for new innovative ways of providing enjoyment to the current university cafeteria customers. The staff developed the project “The pleasure of eating”, with the objective of providing satisfaction through the enjoyment from the food served. The focus of this project was to make the meals served by the university foodservice as similar as possible to the way the consumers used to eat in their own homes. The staff wanted to do everything they could to ensure consumers would eat more enjoyable meals. Along the time, no considerable changes had been made concerning eating utensils; for example, the six compartment institutional service tray, made from stainless steel, had been used for 20 yearsMETHODS:The pilot project lasted 15 week days. The institutional service trays were replaced by colorful plastic rectangular serving trays, with plates and bowls. Food service consumers were given a questionnaire about the changes; dietitians talked to the community during the meal distribution. The survey comprised 1,360 questionnaires, distributed in the entrance of the cafeteria, to collect information; only 956 were returned. RESULTS/CONCLUSIONS:The results showed 61% of consumers' innovation approval. Therefore, the definitive project was implanted. FUNDING DISCLOSURE:University of São Paulo
ABNTAVEGLIANO, R P; FONSECA, Rosa Maria Godoy Serpa da; OLIVEIRA, Maria Aparecida Loureiro de. Pleasure of eating. Journal of the American Dietetic Association[S.l: s.n.], 2009.
APAAvegliano, R. P., Fonseca, R. M. G. S. da, & Oliveira, M. A. L. de. (2009). Pleasure of eating. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. New York: Elsevier.
NLMAvegliano RP, Fonseca RMGS da, Oliveira MAL de. Pleasure of eating. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2009 ; 109( 9): se 2009.
VancouverAvegliano RP, Fonseca RMGS da, Oliveira MAL de. Pleasure of eating. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2009 ; 109( 9): se 2009.
- Meios de comunicacao de massa na difusao da ideologia sobre a reproducao biologica segundo a visao do materialismo historico e dialetico
- Resenha sem titulo proprio
- Conhecimentos e opinioes de estudantes de enfermagem sobre planejamento familiar
- Determinacao social da reproducao biologica: a operacionalizacao da variavel classe social e outros criterios para a sua utilizacao
- Classe social, genero e processo saude-doenca da mulher: perfil socio-sanitario da aluna ingressante no curso de graduacao em enfermagem da usp
- Leis historicas da populacao: marco teorico para a compreensao da reproducao humana
- Educacao e o processo de inclusao-exclusao social da mulher: uma questao de genero
- Circuncisao feminina ou mutilacao genital da mulher
- Castigo ou premio
- Mulher de verdade
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas