The signature of dark energy perturbations in galaxy cluster surveys (2009)
- Autor USP: ABRAMO, LUIS RAUL WEBER - IF
- Unidade: IF
- DOI: 10.1088/1475-7516/2009/07/040
- Subjects: GALÁXIAS; MATÉRIA ESCURA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Models of dynamical dark energy unavoidably possess fluctuations in the energy density and pressure of that new component. In this paper we estimate the impact of dark energy fluctuations on the number of galaxy clusters in the Universe using a generalization of the spherical collapse model and the Press-Schechter formalism. The observations we consider are several hypothetical Sunyaev-Zel’dovich and weak lensing (shear maps) cluster surveys, with limiting masses similar to ongoing (SPT, DES) as well as future (LSST, Euclid) surveys. Our statistical analysis is performed in a 7-dimensional cosmological parameter space using the Fisher matrix method. We find that, in some scenarios, the impact of these fluctuations is large enough that their effect could already be detected by existing instruments such as the South Pole Telescope, when priors from other standard cosmological probes are included. We also show how dark energy fluctuations can be a nuisance for constraining cosmological parameters with cluster counts, and point to a degeneracy between the parameter that describes dark energy pressure on small scales (the effective sound speed) and the parameters describing its equation of state
- Este periódico é de assinatura
- Este artigo é de acesso aberto
- URL de acesso aberto
- Cor do Acesso Aberto: green
ABNTABRAMO, Luis Raul Weber; BATISTA, R C; ROSENFELD, Rogerio. The signature of dark energy perturbations in galaxy cluster surveys. Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, Bristol, v. 07, n. 040, p. 1-13, 2009. DOI: 10.1088/1475-7516/2009/07/040.
APAAbramo, L. R. W., Batista, R. C., & Rosenfeld, R. (2009). The signature of dark energy perturbations in galaxy cluster surveys. Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, 07( 040), 1-13. doi:10.1088/1475-7516/2009/07/040
NLMAbramo LRW, Batista RC, Rosenfeld R. The signature of dark energy perturbations in galaxy cluster surveys. Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics. 2009 ; 07( 040): 1-13.
VancouverAbramo LRW, Batista RC, Rosenfeld R. The signature of dark energy perturbations in galaxy cluster surveys. Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics. 2009 ; 07( 040): 1-13.
- Can the local supercluster explain the low CBM multipoles?
- Attractors in dark energy models with Born-Infeld scalar field
- Fourier analysis of multitracer cosmological surveys
- Observations of the first electromagnetic counterpart to a gravitational wave source by the TOROS collaboration
- Searching for planar signatures in WMAP
- J-PLUS: the javalambre photometric local universe survey
- The jacobi map for gravitational lensing: the role of the exponential map
- Cosmological dynamics of the tachyon with an inverse power-law potential
- The backreaction of cosmological perturbations
Informações sobre o DOI: 10.1088/1475-7516/2009/07/040 (Fonte: oaDOI API)
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas