Subtidal inner shelf currents between peruíbe and são Sebastião: preliminary results (2008)
- Autor USP: CASTRO FILHO, BELMIRO MENDES DE - IO
- Unidade: IO
- Assunto: CORRENTES MARINHAS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: with maximum speed of 0.44 m/s. At the same site, near bottom currents pointed mainly southward, with a lower maximum speed of 0.08 m/s. At Santos (20m), both near surface and near bottom currents had predominant directions towards E-SE, with maximum speeds of 0.71 m/s and 0.64 m/s, respectively. At Montão de Trigo, near surface and near bottom currents were predominantly towards NW and towards E, respectively, with maximum speeds of 0.09 m/s and 0.48 m/s, respectivel At mid-shelf, Santos (100m), the surface maximum speed was 0.11 m/s predominantly SW, in the middle, near surface and near bottom currents were predominantly towards W-NW and W, respectively, presenting maximum speeds of 0.24 m/s and 0.29 m/s, respectively. More robust statistical analysis, including the frequency domain, is being conducted with the ECOSAN current data set.The São Paulo State coastal region located between Peruíbe (24o24'30''S, 46o54'00''W) and São Sebastião (23o50'30''S, 45o40'00''W) is part of the South Brazil Bight. This region has great economic and social importance due to the touristic, oil and gas industries and the presence of the largest Brazilian port (Santos). Currents at the region inner shelf were poorly sampled before the field work of the ECOSAN project. During ECOSAN, current meter data was obtained for nearly 10 months (2005-2006), from 4 moorings: 3 deployed in the inner-shelf, near the 20 m isobath: Peruíbe (24o24'30''S, 46o54'00''W), Santos (24o03'30''S, 46o17'30''W) and Montão de Trigo (23o50''30'S, 45o40''00'W); and 1 deployed at the mid-shelf, near the 100 m isobath, in front of Santos (25o05'00''S, 45o42'00''W). Wind time series were measured at the two inner shelf moorings located near Peruibe and Montão de Trigo, by a surface met-buoy, and at the Lage de Santos (24o19'48''S, 46o11'20,4''W). The 40 h low passed current and wind data were analyzed for comparing the relative importance of the forcing mechanisms for the inner shelf circulation, mainly: wind-stress, baroclinic pressure gradients and Brazil Current momentum exchanges. Preliminary results showed that for all stations, for currents at all depths, the alongshelf components were more energetic than the cross-shelf components. At Peruíbe, near surface currents oscillated in direction, but pointed mainly in the SW-NE direction,
ABNTMAZZINI, Piero Luigi Fernandes; CASTRO, Belmiro Mendes de. Subtidal inner shelf currents between peruíbe and são Sebastião: preliminary results. Anais.. São Paulo: Iousp, 2008.
APAMazzini, P. L. F., & Castro, B. M. de. (2008). Subtidal inner shelf currents between peruíbe and são Sebastião: preliminary results. In . São Paulo: Iousp.
NLMMazzini PLF, Castro BM de. Subtidal inner shelf currents between peruíbe and são Sebastião: preliminary results. 2008 ;
VancouverMazzini PLF, Castro BM de. Subtidal inner shelf currents between peruíbe and são Sebastião: preliminary results. 2008 ;
- Correntes geradas pelo vento, medidas diretas de corrente , mares e correntes de mare na bacia de santos
- Oceanografia fisica: correntes e massas de agua
- Estado atual do conhecimento dos processos físicos das águas da plataforma continental sudeste do Brasil
- Modelagem matemática dos processos físicos que controlam a mistura de substâncias em regiões costeiras: Exemplos para a plataforma continental do Estado de São Paulo
- Graduação em oceanografia será o maior desafio. [Entrevista a Leandra Rajczuk]
- As soluções que vêm dos Mares.[Depoimento].
- Estudo numérico de afloramento e intrusão de água central do atlântico sul na plataforma continental entre a ilha de São Sebastião (SP) e o Cabo de São tomé (RJ), parte II: forçamente com vento real de verão
- Massas de água e correntes da Baía do Almirantado, Antártica, durante o verão
- Circulação na plataforma continental ao largo do estuário do rio Jaguaribe(Ceará - nordeste - Brasil), durante a estação chuvosa de 2009.
- M2 tide on the amazon shelf
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas