Dual multiple-visit protocols in behavioral treatment for nocturnal enuresis (2008)
- Autor USP: SILVARES, EDWIGES FERREIRA DE MATTOS - IP
- Unidade: IP
- Subjects: ENURESE; DISTÚRBIOS DO COMPORTAMENTO
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Nocturnal enuresi is a bio-behavioral problem that still effects many children and adolescents throughout the word, despite technological advancements in medicine and psychology, due to its inherited causes. Behavioral treatment with alarm is one of the most effective treatments for kids west their beds, achieving a success rate around 70%. In Brazil, at the clinic this work has been developed, many kids have severe enuresis and a high score of behavior problems. Therefore, a weekly visit protocol has been used to assure the patients will follow the procedures involved in the protocol. The objective of this work was to verify differencesin the outcome, behavior problems and droupout rate between two modes of treatment adminstration . Method: Two groups of kids (N=32) from ages 6 o 18 treated with urine alarm were compared. Both groups attended two initial sessions when the procedures were explained and were accompanied for 28 weeks. One group continued to visit the clinic eekly for treatment maintenance. The other group received further instructions by telephone. Results: Preliminary results indicate a slight better performance in treatment outcome for the patients who didn't had to visit the clinic. The dropout rates of these kids were also lower. Differences in behavior problem rates will be assessed. Conclusion: One possible explanation for this is the difficulty some families have to go to the clinic every week, due to financial problems. FAPESP.
- Publisher: International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions
- Publisher place: Istanbul, Turquia
- Date published: 2008
- Título do periódico: Abstract
- Conference titles: World Congress of The International Association for Child and
ABNTPEREIRA, Rodrigo Fernando; SILVARES, Edwiges Ferreira de Mattos. Dual multiple-visit protocols in behavioral treatment for nocturnal enuresis. Anais.. Istanbul, Turquia: International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions, 2008.
APAPereira, R. F., & Silvares, E. F. de M. (2008). Dual multiple-visit protocols in behavioral treatment for nocturnal enuresis. In Abstract. Istanbul, Turquia: International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions.
NLMPereira RF, Silvares EF de M. Dual multiple-visit protocols in behavioral treatment for nocturnal enuresis. Abstract. 2008 ;
VancouverPereira RF, Silvares EF de M. Dual multiple-visit protocols in behavioral treatment for nocturnal enuresis. Abstract. 2008 ;
- Ensino da terapia comportamental: ánalise da influência de duas variáveis (conteudo x forma de apresentacao) sobre o interesse estudantil
- Transposicao de programas para desenvolvimento de criancas excepcionais para criancas pre-escolares
- Infant behavioral markers of distress and child-falling risks in a pediatric section of a brazilian health center
- Dinamismo do diagnostico comportamental no planejamento de intervencao clinica em bases de apoio a clinica escola
- Psicologia comunitaria e as clinicas-escola de psicologia
- Analise de entrevistas com acompanhantes e observacao de criancas com leucemia numa tentativa de sua compreensao psicologica
- Prevencao de acidentes na infancia: uma possibilidade?
- O atendimento psicológico na clínica-escola comunicação: novas formas de atendimento clínico na clínica-escola: evoluções e perspectivas
- Psicologia clínica comportamental: a inserção da entrevista com adultos e crianças
- Social skill training for a cultural deprived population of brazilian children
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas