Iron treatment downregulates DMT1 and IREG1 mRNA expression in caco-2 cells1 (2002)
- Autor USP: MARTINI, LIGIA ARAUJO - FSP
- Unidade: FSP
- Subjects: ABSORÇÃO DE ALIMENTOS; PROTEÍNAS; FERRO; METABOLISMO (GENÉTICA); PROTEÍNAS SANGUÍNEAS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Iron deficiency is the most common nutritional disorder worldwide, whereas pathologic elevations of body iron stores can occur under certain circumstances due to genetic abnormalities or in association with other diseases. The intestine is the exclusive locus of homeostatic regulation of body iron stores, which is accomplished by changes in iron absorption efficiency by largely unknown molecular mechanisms in response to alterations in body iron stores. Recently, a number of novel genes involved in iron metabolism, such as the iron uptake transporter DMT1/DCT1/Nramp2 and the iron export transporter IREG1/ferroportin1/MTP1, have been identified, providing important insights about molecular aspects of intestinal iron absorption and its regulation. The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of iron treatment on DMT1 and IREG1 mRNA expression in Caco-2 cells, a human intestinal cell line. Exposure of the cells to iron (200 µmol/L ferric nitrilotriacetic acid for 72 h) significantly decreased transferrin receptor mRNA (80 percent), DMT1 mRNA (57 percent) and IREG1 mRNA (52 percent). These observations are consistent with the notion of parallel regulation of these iron-responsive genes in vivo to protect the enterocyte from iron toxicity and mediate a decreased efficiency of intestinal iron absorption to prevent iron overload
ABNTMARTINI, Lígia Araújo; TCHACK, Laurie; WOOD, Richard J. Iron treatment downregulates DMT1 and IREG1 mRNA expression in caco-2 cells1. Journal of Nutrition, Philadelphia, v. 132, n. 4, p. 693-696, 2002.
APAMartini, L. A., Tchack, L., & Wood, R. J. (2002). Iron treatment downregulates DMT1 and IREG1 mRNA expression in caco-2 cells1. Journal of Nutrition, 132( 4), 693-696.
NLMMartini LA, Tchack L, Wood RJ. Iron treatment downregulates DMT1 and IREG1 mRNA expression in caco-2 cells1. Journal of Nutrition. 2002 ; 132( 4): 693-696.
VancouverMartini LA, Tchack L, Wood RJ. Iron treatment downregulates DMT1 and IREG1 mRNA expression in caco-2 cells1. Journal of Nutrition. 2002 ; 132( 4): 693-696.
- Uso das recomendações nutricionais nas diferentes fases da vida da mulher
- Vitamina D na interação entre osso e tecido adiposo em adolescentes: osteocalcina, relação adiponectina / leptina e perfil lipídico
- Vitamina D e doenças crônicas não transmissíveis
- Vitamina D: controvérsias e recomendações
- Influence of body composition on bone mass in postmenopausal osteoporotic women
- Densidade mineral óssea, composição corporal e ingestão alimentar de adolescentes modelos de passarela
- Intervenção nutricional em mulheres com osteoporose: comparação entre adequação dietética e suplementação
- Nutrient intakes related to bone mineral density in Brazilian men and women: the BRAZilian Osteoporosis Study (BRAZOS)
- Isoflavones and soya foods intakes in Brazilian population: data from the BRAZOS study
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas