Modulation of experimental asthma by cross-tolerance (2006)
- Autor USP: RUSSO, MOMTCHILO - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: IMUNOLOGIA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Introduction and Objectives: Accumulating experimental evidence indicates that tolerance against one Ag could induce tolerance against another non-related Ag, a phenomenon known as cross-tolerance. Here, we used hen egg white lysozyme (HEL) to induce tolerance and evaluated its influence on the development of experimental asthma induced by ovoalbumina (OVA). Methods: BALB/c mice were exposed to intranasal (i.n.) HEL for three consecutive days to induce nasal tolerance to HEL and one week later, at weekly intervals, the animals were sensitized twice with OVA/HEL/ALUM and challenged twice with i.n. OVA/HEL (Tol HEL). Immune group consisted of animals exposed to PBS and immunized and challenged with OVA/HEL (Immune OVA/HEL). Results: We found that induction of tolerance to HEL followed by sensitization and challenge with OVA/HEL inhibited the OVA-specific responses when compared with the Immune group. Animals treated with HEL presented suppression of OVAspecific IgE (2-fold) and anti-OVA anaphylactic IgG1 antibodies (2-fold) when compared with animals exposed to PBS. We also found a decreased production of total IgE (6-fold) and reduced numbers of eosinophils (50%) or IL-5 levels in the airways (50%) in the group tolerized by HEL when compared with Immune group. Conclusion: We conclude that intranasal administration of HEL before OVA sensitization and challenge is effective in suppressing OVAinduced allergic responses. Thus, tolerance to HEL induces cross-tolerance to OVA.
- Título do periódico: Abstracts
- Conference titles: Meeting of the Brazilian Society for Immunology
ABNTBORDUCCHI, E; CHRIST, A P; GOMES, E; RUSSO, Momtchilo. Modulation of experimental asthma by cross-tolerance. Anais.. São Paulo: [s.n.], 2006.
APABorducchi, E., Christ, A. P., Gomes, E., & Russo, M. (2006). Modulation of experimental asthma by cross-tolerance. In Abstracts. São Paulo.
NLMBorducchi E, Christ AP, Gomes E, Russo M. Modulation of experimental asthma by cross-tolerance. Abstracts. 2006 ;
VancouverBorducchi E, Christ AP, Gomes E, Russo M. Modulation of experimental asthma by cross-tolerance. Abstracts. 2006 ;
- Infection of athymic or splenectomized mice with the CL strain of Trypanosoma cruzi results in higher parasite load in the liver than in the heart
- Differences in in vivo or in vitro macrophage activation induced by Canavalia ensiformis (Con A)
- Indução de tolerância imunológica pela transferência adotiva de células
- Ativação de macrófagos peritoneais em camundongos tolerantes por via oral a ovoalbumina
- Ativação do núcleo paraventricular do hipotálamo após inalação de metacolina em modelo murino de asma
- FAS ligand (FAS) is required to intiate pulmonary silicosis
- A method for multiple sequential analyses of macrophage functions using a small sigle cell sample
- Toll-like receptor 4 agonist suppresses asthma-like responses via nitric oxide synthase 2 activity
- Decreased susceptibility to nasal tolerance in mice fed an amino acid-based protein-free diet in a murine model of asthma
- Hierarchy in the suppression of asthma-like response induced by mucosal tolerance
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas