Expression of CD40L on T lymphocytes of patients with common variable immunodeficiency (2006)
- Autor USP: RIZZO, LUIZ VICENTE - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: IMUNOLOGIA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: INTRODUCTION AND AIMS: Common Variable Immunodeficiency (CVID) is characterized by defective antibody production. This has been variably attributed to intrinsic B-cell defects or to T-cell dysfunctions. Recently, it has been reported that expression of CD40 Ligand (CD40L), a T-cell surface molecule that plays a critical role in T cell contact-mediated signals provided to Bcells, is defective in a subset of patients with CVID. The aim of our study was to evaluate whether an abnormal expression of CD40L accounts for development of hypogammaglobulinemia in CVID patients. MATERIAL AND METHODS: Blood was obtained by peripheral vein punction and peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) were obtained by centrifugation with Isolymph. PBMC were stimulated with PHA or LPS and production of cytokines measured. CD40L expression was determined by FACS after stimulation of PBMC with phorbol myristate acetate (PMA) and calcium ionophore (Ionomicin).The results were evaluated by Mann-Whittney test. RESULTS: Our results have demonstrated that some patients with CVID present a diminished expression of CD40L in relation to control group (p<0,001). 11 patients presented CD4+ T cells with CD40L expression below 2%. 9 of these individuals showed no detectable levels of IgA in serum and 4 of them showed any detectable levels of IgM. PBMCs of 9 patients showed to be incapable to synthesize IL-5, and another 6 failed to produce IL-4. CONCLUSION: The observation that surfaceexpression of CD40L by activated T cells is diminish in a subgroup of CVID patients suggests that an inefficient signaling via CD40L/CD40 may be responsible, in part, for failure of B-cell differentiation, synthesis of cytokines and immunoglobulin production in these patients.
- Título do periódico: Abstracts
- Conference titles: Meeting of the Brazilian Society for Immunology
ABNTERRANTE, P R; GENRE, J; KOKRON, C M; TOLEDO-BARROS, M; RIZZO, Luiz Vicente. Expression of CD40L on T lymphocytes of patients with common variable immunodeficiency. Anais.. São Paulo: [s.n.], 2006.
APAErrante, P. R., Genre, J., Kokron, C. M., Toledo-Barros, M., & Rizzo, L. V. (2006). Expression of CD40L on T lymphocytes of patients with common variable immunodeficiency. In Abstracts. São Paulo.
NLMErrante PR, Genre J, Kokron CM, Toledo-Barros M, Rizzo LV. Expression of CD40L on T lymphocytes of patients with common variable immunodeficiency. Abstracts. 2006 ;
VancouverErrante PR, Genre J, Kokron CM, Toledo-Barros M, Rizzo LV. Expression of CD40L on T lymphocytes of patients with common variable immunodeficiency. Abstracts. 2006 ;
- Combined immunodeficiency in a chilhood with Cd3 deficiency: case report
- Heterologous epitopes of IRBP protect against autoimmune uveitis induced by the autologous epitope
- IL-12 inhibition of endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU) is dependent on IFN-gamma
- Participação das células T em pacientes com imunodefiência comum variável
- The effect immunoregulatory of antagonist of VLA-4 on the experimental autoimmune uveitis (EAU)
- Increase of cytokines production in common variable immunodeficiency patients with atopy
- Development of CD4+T cell lines that suppress an antigen-specific immune response in vivo
- Increase of interleukin-4 and IL-10 production in common variable immunodeficiency patients with atopy
- The effect immunoregulatory of galectin-1 on the experimental autoimmune uveitis (EAU)
- The influence of the inflammatory response in skin graft rejection
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas