Reversal of compromised bonding to oxidized etched dentin (2001)
- Autor USP: CARVALHO, RICARDO MARINS DE - FOB
- Unidade: FOB
- Subjects: SÓDIO; VITAMINA C; LIGAS DE ALTA RESISTÊNCIA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The mechanism responsible for hydrogen-peroxide- or sodium-hypochlorite-induced reductions in dentin bond strength is unknown. This in vitro study tested the hypothesis that these oxidizing agents were responsible by attempting to reverse Vthe effect with sodium ascorbate, a reducing agent. Human dentin was treated with these oxidants before or after being acid-etched and with or without post-treatment with sodium ascorbate. They were bonded with either Single Bond or Excite. Hydrogen peroxide reduced the bond strengths of both adhesives, while sodium hypochlorite produced reduction in adhesion of only Single Bond (p < 0.05). Following treatment with sodium ascorbate, reductions in bond strength were reversed. Transmission and scanning electron microscopy showed partial removal of the demineralized collagen matrix only by sodium hypochlorite. The observed compromised bond strengths cannot be attributed to incomplete deproteinization and may be related to changes in the redox potential of the bonding substrates
ABNTLAI, S. C. N.; MAK, Y. F.; CHEUNG, G. S. P.; et al. Reversal of compromised bonding to oxidized etched dentin. Journal of Dental Research, Chicago, v. 80, n. 10, p. 1919-1924, 2001.
APALai, S. C. N., Mak, Y. F., Cheung, G. S. P., Osorio, R., Toledano, M., Carvalho, R. M. de, et al. (2001). Reversal of compromised bonding to oxidized etched dentin. Journal of Dental Research, 80( 10), 1919-1924.
NLMLai SCN, Mak YF, Cheung GSP, Osorio R, Toledano M, Carvalho RM de, Tay FR, Pashley DH. Reversal of compromised bonding to oxidized etched dentin. Journal of Dental Research. 2001 ; 80( 10): 1919-1924.
VancouverLai SCN, Mak YF, Cheung GSP, Osorio R, Toledano M, Carvalho RM de, Tay FR, Pashley DH. Reversal of compromised bonding to oxidized etched dentin. Journal of Dental Research. 2001 ; 80( 10): 1919-1924.
- Solvent-induced expansion of dried-demineralized dentin matrix
- Avaliação da longevidade da união a dentina: efeito da quantidade de umidade para adesivos com diferentes solventes
- Avaliação da resistência coesiva de componentes da estrutura dental
- Métodos de análise histomorfométrica digital utilizando o software ImageLab2000
- Efeito da manipulação com luva em alguns materiais de moldagem
- Estudo da adesao a dentina utilizando a tecnica sanduiche-invertido
- Theoretical bond strenght of resin to dentin
- Uso de esmalte homogeno para minimizar o desgaste de resinas compostas
- Sem approach to evaluate the effects of primers and conditioners on bonded dentin surface
- Shrinkage of demineralized dentin during preparation for sem
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas