Isoflavone and estrogen on experimental atherosclerosis in ooforectomized mice (2005)
- USP affiliated authors: GIDLUND, MAGNUS AKE - ICB ; QUINTAO, EDER CARLOS ROCHA - FM
- Unidades: ICB; FM
- Assunto: IMUNOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: Structural similarities between isoflavones and estrogens may influence at the same extent the development of experimental atherosclerosis, an hypothesis that we investigated in female ovariectomized mice partially expressing genes for LDL receptors and cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP). Métodos e Resultados: Mice aged 8wk were ooforectomized and thereafter submitted to a fat/cholesterol rich diet for 19wks eliciting moderate hypercholesterolemia and a lipoprotein profile similar that of humans and separated in 4 groups: subcutaneous pellet graft of 17_-ethinyl-estradiol (EE, 6µg/d, n=29); diet added mixtures of low dose (Iso Low, 27.2 mg/100g, n=25), or high dose of isoflavone mixtures (Iso High, 53.5mg/100g, n=28); and the atherogenic diet alone as a Control group (n=28). At the sacrifice non-HDL-C plasma concentration (mean mg/dL) reached by the EE group (84 ± 8), was lower than the Iso Low group (95 ± 6); EE aortic root lesion area (mean µm2 x 103) (22.0 ± 19.5) was greater than Iso High (7.4 ± 6.4), Iso Low (12.3 ± 9.9) and Control groups (10.7 ± 12.8), whereas the latter did not differ from both isoflavone treated groups. Autoantibodies titers against both the plasma ox-LDL (measured by optical density at 450nm) was higher in EE (0.86) as compared with Controls (0.61), as well as against apoB-D (an oxidized fraction of LDL) that were 0.84 in EE as compared to 0.68 in Iso Low, 0.67 in Iso High, and 0.61 in Controls.) Experiments withControl mice as the reference value (100%), in vitro mouse peritoneal uptake of donor human 1.,2.,(n)-[3H]-cholesteryl oleyl ether acetylated LDL was low in Iso High (68%), which was also lower than in Iso Low (85%). Furthermore, the in vitro percent removal by donor human HDL of [4- 14C]cholesterol from macrophages previously enriched with human [4-14C]-cholesteryl oleate acetylated LDL was enhanced in Iso High (150%), that was also greater than in Iso Low (99%). Conclusões: Therefore, in spite of their antiatherogenic actions regarding the metabolism of cholesterol in macrophages shown in vitro, isoflavones failed to prevent against the fat fed induced atherosclerosis. It contrasts with the pro-atherogenic state of 17_-ethinyl-estradiol likely attributed to a pro-oxidant condition in vivo.
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Reunião Anual da Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTASAKURA, L.; CAZITA, P. M.; NUNES, V. S.; et al. Isoflavone and estrogen on experimental atherosclerosis in ooforectomized mice. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, 2005.
APAAsakura, L., Cazita, P. M., Nunes, V. S., Harada, L. M., Berti, J. A., Salermo, A. G., et al. (2005). Isoflavone and estrogen on experimental atherosclerosis in ooforectomized mice. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental.
NLMAsakura L, Cazita PM, Nunes VS, Harada LM, Berti JA, Salermo AG, Ketelhuth FJ, Gidlund MA, Quintão EC da R. Isoflavone and estrogen on experimental atherosclerosis in ooforectomized mice. Resumos. 2005 ;
VancouverAsakura L, Cazita PM, Nunes VS, Harada LM, Berti JA, Salermo AG, Ketelhuth FJ, Gidlund MA, Quintão EC da R. Isoflavone and estrogen on experimental atherosclerosis in ooforectomized mice. Resumos. 2005 ;
- New nethod for separation of native low density lipoprotein (Ldl) and Ldl with high or low de-gree of oxidation (oxLdl) by ion-exchange chro-matography
- Native or modified LDL protein co-incubated with TG-RICH emulsion particles co-elute on (mono-Q) FPLC
- Macrophages take up triacylglycerol-rich emulsions at a faster rate upon co-incubation with native and modified LDL: An investigation on the role of natural chylomicrons in atherosclerosis
- Oxidized low-density lipoproteins and their antibodies: Relationships with the reverse cholesterol transport and carotid atherosclerosis in adults without cardiovascular diseases
- Opposing effects between short-term combined transdermal estradiol/noretisterone against oxidized LDL (oxLDL) and heat shock proteins (hsp)
- Ezetimibe plus simvastain treatment reduces chylomicron-cholesterol but not plasma retinyl esters in primary hypercholesterolemics
- Investigação sobre o papel do quilomícron natural na aterosclerose: captação de emulsões ricas em triaciglicerol pelos macrófagos é facilitada pela co-incubação com LDL nativa e modificada
- Fragmentos deapolipoproteína-B gerados por oxidação (MLDL) é o principal alvo para formação de autoanticorpos na aterosclerose
- High resolution separation of low density lipoprotein (LDL) and LDL with high or low degree of oxidation (OXLDL) and evaluation of their rectivity against autoantibodies
- Influence of high density lipoprotein on the nitric oxide cell production after incubation of low density lipoprotein
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas