Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells (2005)
- Autor USP: SCAVONE, CRISTOFORO - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: FARMACOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: Drug abuse is associated with changes in brain function and neurodegenerative process, which, for some drugs, have been shown to be associated with the induction of apoptotic cell death. Cocaine is a widely used drug of abuse and a psychostimulant that acts on the central nervous system by blocking dopamine reuptake sites. NF-_B is a transcription factor which plays an important role in the control of the immunity, inflammation and apoptotic response. Our aim was to evaluate if cocaine can modulate NF-_B in PC 12 cells. Métodos e Resultados: PC 12 cells which was cultured in dishes were treated with increasing concentrations of cocaine (0,05; 0,25; 0,5; 0,75; 1,0mM) for 8 hours. Nuclear extracts were isolated and gel mobility shift assay used to measure changes in NF-_B activity. Competition studies with specific and nonspecific unlabeled double-strand oligonucleotide were also performed. Cocaine (0,75 and 1,0 mM) induced a significant induction of NF-_B in PC 12 cells. This activation was dose dependent. Conclusões: Our results suggest that cocaine induces a dose-dependent activation of NF-_B in PC 12 cells.
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Reunião Anual da Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTLEPSCH, L. B.; MUNHOZ, C. D.; KAWAMOTO, E. M.; et al. Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, 2005.
APALepsch, L. B., Munhoz, C. D., Kawamoto, E. M., Lima, L. S., Planeta, C. S., & Scavone, C. (2005). Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental.
NLMLepsch LB, Munhoz CD, Kawamoto EM, Lima LS, Planeta CS, Scavone C. Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells. Resumos. 2005 ;
VancouverLepsch LB, Munhoz CD, Kawamoto EM, Lima LS, Planeta CS, Scavone C. Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells. Resumos. 2005 ;
- GMP cíclico e modulação da Na,K ATPase: changes induced by aging, stress and LPS
- Isolamento do componente do veneno da aranha phoneutria nigriventer que induz erecao peniana
- Role of nitric oxide in modulating ('NA POT.+''K POT.+') Atpase activity in rat striatum
- Curcumin alleviates inflamation-induced cognitive and motor impairments in mice
- Controle do estresse: arma no combate à inflamação
- Ativação do fator NF-kappaB por LPS e ácido caínico no córtex frontal e hipocampo: influência dos glicocorticóides
- Glucocorticoid exacerbation of LPS-induced activation of NF-kB in pre-frontal cortex (FCx) by cronic unpredictable stress (USt)
- O estresse e a resposta imune inata no sistema nervoso central: sinalização mediada pelo glutamato e óxido nítrico
- TNF-'alfa'<meidates the persistency of stress-induced oxidative/nitrosative status in rat brain
- Amyloid beta-peptide activates nitric oxide synthase and sodium, potassium pump activities in rat hippocampal slices
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas