Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells (2005)
- Autor USP: SCAVONE, CRISTOFORO - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: FARMACOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: Drug abuse is associated with changes in brain function and neurodegenerative process, which, for some drugs, have been shown to be associated with the induction of apoptotic cell death. Cocaine is a widely used drug of abuse and a psychostimulant that acts on the central nervous system by blocking dopamine reuptake sites. NF-_B is a transcription factor which plays an important role in the control of the immunity, inflammation and apoptotic response. Our aim was to evaluate if cocaine can modulate NF-_B in PC 12 cells. Métodos e Resultados: PC 12 cells which was cultured in dishes were treated with increasing concentrations of cocaine (0,05; 0,25; 0,5; 0,75; 1,0mM) for 8 hours. Nuclear extracts were isolated and gel mobility shift assay used to measure changes in NF-_B activity. Competition studies with specific and nonspecific unlabeled double-strand oligonucleotide were also performed. Cocaine (0,75 and 1,0 mM) induced a significant induction of NF-_B in PC 12 cells. This activation was dose dependent. Conclusões: Our results suggest that cocaine induces a dose-dependent activation of NF-_B in PC 12 cells.
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Reunião Anual da Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTLEPSCH, L. B.; MUNHOZ, C. D.; KAWAMOTO, E. M.; et al. Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, 2005.
APALepsch, L. B., Munhoz, C. D., Kawamoto, E. M., Lima, L. S., Planeta, C. S., & Scavone, C. (2005). Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental.
NLMLepsch LB, Munhoz CD, Kawamoto EM, Lima LS, Planeta CS, Scavone C. Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells. Resumos. 2005 ;
VancouverLepsch LB, Munhoz CD, Kawamoto EM, Lima LS, Planeta CS, Scavone C. Cocaine activates nuclear factor NF-KB in PC 12 cells. Resumos. 2005 ;
- Curcumin alleviates inflamation-induced cognitive and motor impairments in mice
- 21-Benzylidene digoxin decreases proliferation by inhibiting the EGFR/ERK signaling pathway and induces apoptosis in HeLa cells
- The CLOCK trial, a double-blinded randomized controlled trial: Trisodium citrate 30% and minocycline 3 mg/Ml plus EDTA 30mg/mL are effective and safe for catheter patency maintenanceamong CKD 5D patients on hemodialysis
- Nitric oxide , cgmp and hormone regulation of active sodium transport
- Role of nitric oxide in modulating ('NA POT.+''K POT.+') Atpase activity in rat striatum
- Monoamine uptake in insect synaptosomal preparations
- Curcumin requires tumor necrosis factor α signaling to alleviate cognitive impairment elicited by lipopolysaccharide
- Lipid changes in the rat hippocampus after treatment with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and ouabain
- Isolamento do componente do veneno da aranha phoneutria nigriventer que induz erecao peniana
- Efeitos da imipramina sobre sistemas monoaminérgicos cerebrais
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas