Toxicity of a soybean OIL emulsion on human lymphocytes and neutrophils (2005)
- USP affiliated authors: CURI, RUI - ICB
- Unidades: ICB
- Subjects: FISIOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: The incorporation of lipid emulsions (LE) in parenteral diets is a requirement for energy and essential fatty acid supply to critically ill patients. In this study, the toxicity of a lipid emulsion rich (60%) in triacylglycerol of 'omega'-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) on leukocytes from healthy volunteers was investigated. Métodos e Resultados: Eleven volunteers were recruited and blood samples were collected before infusion of a soybean oil emulsion (SOE), immediately afterwards and 18 hours later. The cells were studied immediately after isolation (fresh cells), and after 24 h or 48 h in culture. The composition of fatty acids in plasma, lymphocytes and neutrophils was determined by high performance liquid cromatography (HPLC). Lymphocyte proliferation was evaluated by [2-14C]- thymidine incorporation. The proportion of dead cells and the type of cell death were investigated by flow cytometry. The following determinations were made: levels of cell viability, DNA fragmentation, phosphatydilserine externalization, mitochondrial depolarization, ROS production and neutral lipid accumulation. An increase of _-linolenic, linoleic and oleic acid after SOE infusion in plasma was found. SOE decreased lymphocyte proliferation and provoked neutrophil and lymphocyte apoptosis and necrosis. Evidence is presented herein that SOE is less toxic to neutrophils than to lymphocytes. The mechanism of cell death induced by this oil emulsion was characterizedby mitochondrial membrane depolarization and neutral lipid accumulation, but did not alter ROS production. Conclusões: SOE given as a single dose of 500 mL promotes lymphocyte and neutrophil death that may enhance the susceptibility of the patients to infections
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference title: Reunião Anual da Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTCURY-BOAVENTURA, M. F.; GORJÃO, R.; LIMA, T. M.; et al. Toxicity of a soybean OIL emulsion on human lymphocytes and neutrophils. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, 2005.
APACury-Boaventura, M. F., Gorjão, R., Lima, T. M., Piva, T. M., Peres, C. M., Soriano, F. G., & Curi, R. (2005). Toxicity of a soybean OIL emulsion on human lymphocytes and neutrophils. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental.
NLMCury-Boaventura MF, Gorjão R, Lima TM, Piva TM, Peres CM, Soriano FG, Curi R. Toxicity of a soybean OIL emulsion on human lymphocytes and neutrophils. Resumos. 2005 ;
VancouverCury-Boaventura MF, Gorjão R, Lima TM, Piva TM, Peres CM, Soriano FG, Curi R. Toxicity of a soybean OIL emulsion on human lymphocytes and neutrophils. Resumos. 2005 ;
- Influências do veneno de Crotalus durissus terrificus sobre a funcionalidade e metabolismo energético de macrófagos
- Transporte de ácidos graxos através de bicamadas lipídicas planas
- Epinephrine stimulates glucose metabolism and phagocytosis capacity of rat neutrophils
- In vivo inhibition of Walker 256 carnitine trasferase I by soya oil dietary supplementation
- Alterações Hepáticas na captação de amônia e produção de úreia durante o exercício físico (EF)
- Evidence for the transfer of [14C]-arachidonic acid from macrophages to lymphocytes in culture
- Does cholesterol play a role as intercellular mediator?
- HPLC determination of underivatized fatty acids saponified at '37 GRAUS'C analysis of fatty acids in oils and tissues
- Effects of adrenaline on glucose and glutamine metabolism and superoxide production by rat neutrophils
- Efeito dos ácidos oléico e linoléico sobre a atividade da citrato sintase e glicose-6-fosfato desidrogenase em células JURKAT (linfócito T)
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas