Enhancement of TNF-alpha and IL-1 production in alveolar macrophages by C-fiber degeneration (2005)
- USP affiliated author: NUCCI, GILBERTO DE - ICB
- School: ICB
- Subject: FARMACOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: Permanent loss of C-fibers in the rat lungs lead to an exacerbation of neutrophil influx in response to ovalbumin and staphylotoxins (SEA and SEB). In an attempt to further understand the communication of C-fibers and pulmonary cells, we have evaluated the in vitro TNF-_ and IL-1 production by alveolar macrophages stimulated with SEA and SEB. Alveolar macrophages were collected from control or capsaicin-treated animals. Métodos e Resultados: Alveolar macrophages (AM) were isolated from brochoalveolar lavage of control and male Wistar rats (250-300g) treated with capsaicin as neonates. AM were ressuspended in culture medium and transferred to tissue culture wells. They were allowed to adhere for 2 h (37o C, 5% CO2) and then incubated for 4 h in the presence of either SEA or SEB (3 µg/ml each). The supernatant was colleted and used to determinate TNF-_ and IL-1 concentrations by ELISA. Incubation of AM with either SEB or SEA increased by 30% and 42% the TNF-_ production above basal levels, respectively (P<0.05). The basal production of TNF-_ in AM from capsaicin-treated rats was largely increased (44%), but no further increases were observed when these cells were stimulated with SEA or SEB. In addition, incubation of AM from control animals with SEB and SEA significantly increased the IL-1 production (28% and 54%, respectively). Such increases were largely potentiated when AM were collected from capsaicin-treated rats (325% and 450% increase, respectively).Conclusões: Our finding that permanent C-fiber degeneration lead to exacerbation of cytokine production, suggest that sensory fibers act to down-regulate cytokine production in vivo.
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference title: Reunião Anual da Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTSOUZA, I. A.; CAMARGO, E. A.; FRANCO-PENTEADO, C. F.; DE NUCCI, Gilberto; ANTUNES, E. Enhancement of TNF-alpha and IL-1 production in alveolar macrophages by C-fiber degeneration. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, 2005.
APASouza, I. A., Camargo, E. A., Franco-Penteado, C. F., De Nucci, G., & Antunes, E. (2005). Enhancement of TNF-alpha and IL-1 production in alveolar macrophages by C-fiber degeneration. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental.
NLMSouza IA, Camargo EA, Franco-Penteado CF, De Nucci G, Antunes E. Enhancement of TNF-alpha and IL-1 production in alveolar macrophages by C-fiber degeneration. Resumos. 2005 ;
VancouverSouza IA, Camargo EA, Franco-Penteado CF, De Nucci G, Antunes E. Enhancement of TNF-alpha and IL-1 production in alveolar macrophages by C-fiber degeneration. Resumos. 2005 ;
- Nitric oxide as the neurotransmitter of penile erection in anaesthetised dogs
- Haemodynamic effect of inhaled nitric oxide (NO) in anaesthetized dogs under different FIO2
- Role of nitric oxide (NO) in rat isolated right and left atria: pharmacological and stereological analysis
- Comparison of the inhibitory of nimesulide and ASA on human platelet aggregation and tromboxano 'B IND.2' formation
- Cardiac fibrous tissue, blood pressure and potency of beta- and muscarinic-agonists in exercised rats
- Pharmacological evidence for a functional nitric oxide system in human eosinophil
- Role of nitric oxide on the potency of isoproterenol (ISO) in isolated right atria from hypertensive rats
- Effects of chronic nitric oxide inhibition on the potency of 'alpha' and 'beta' agonists in isolated tissue from rats
- Hemodynamic effects of inhaled nitric oxide (NO) during a venous air infusion (VAI) in dogs
- The anti-inflammatory effects of crude extract of sub-epidermal fat bodies from Bufo ictericus in the rat
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas