Effect of chronic treatment with nitric oxide inhibitor L-name on eosinophilic migration in a murine model of asthma (2005)
- USP affiliated authors: MUSCARA, MARCELO NICOLAS - ICB ; NUCCI, GILBERTO DE - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: FARMACOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: The eosinophil (EO) influx into the airways of ovalbumin (OVA)-sensitized rats is largely reduced in chronic NO-deficient rats, but contrasting results have been reported in literature, depending on the animal specie and sensitization procedure. In the present study we have investigated the effect of chronic treatment with L-NAME on EO migration in OVA sensitized/challenged mice. Métodos e Resultados: Male BALB/c mice were divided in groups: NS-C (non-sensitized/non-treated), NS-T (nonsensitized/ treated), S-C (sensitized/non-treated) and S-T (sensitized/treated). Mice were sensitized with 2 injections of OVA and/or treated with L-NAME (50 mg/kg/day, 4 weeks) in the drinking water. Intratracheal challenge with OVA significantly increased the EO counts in BAL fluid at 24 h post- OVA challenge compared with non-sensitized mice (0.27±0.04 and 0.01±0.01x106/ml, respectively; n=6-12). No statistical differences in EO counts in BAL were detected at 48 and 72 h post-OVA challenge. Chronic treatment with L-NAME largely potentiated (P<0.01) the EO counts in BAL, particularly at 48 h (0.04±0.01 and 1.22±0.23 x106/ml for control and treated, respectively) and 72 h (0.03±0.02 and 0.40±0.07 x106/ml for control and treated, respectively). The number of EO in BM and blood were also significantly increased in sensitized mice at 24, 48 and/or 72 h after OVA challenge, compared with NS mice. However, L-NAME treatment did not change this pattern of EO in BM andblood in any time-point evaluated. At the dose used, L-NAME reduced by approximately 40% the cerebellar NO synthase activity (14.4±0.8 and 8.8±0.5 pmol L-citrulline/min/mg; P<0.01). Conclusões: In contrast to rats, the chronic treatment with L-NAME potentiates the EO counts in BAL fluid. Additional studies are necessary to clarify this aspect.
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Reunião Anual da Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTLINTOMEN, L.; SOUSA FILHO, L. G.; FERREIRA, T.; et al. Effect of chronic treatment with nitric oxide inhibitor L-name on eosinophilic migration in a murine model of asthma. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, 2005.
APALintomen, L., Sousa Filho, L. G., Ferreira, T., Teixeira, S. A., Muscará, M. N., & De Nucci, G. (2005). Effect of chronic treatment with nitric oxide inhibitor L-name on eosinophilic migration in a murine model of asthma. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental.
NLMLintomen L, Sousa Filho LG, Ferreira T, Teixeira SA, Muscará MN, De Nucci G. Effect of chronic treatment with nitric oxide inhibitor L-name on eosinophilic migration in a murine model of asthma. Resumos. 2005 ;
VancouverLintomen L, Sousa Filho LG, Ferreira T, Teixeira SA, Muscará MN, De Nucci G. Effect of chronic treatment with nitric oxide inhibitor L-name on eosinophilic migration in a murine model of asthma. Resumos. 2005 ;
- Superoxide dismutase isoforms 1 and 2 in lumbar spinal cord of neonatal rats after sciatic nerve transection and melatonin treatment
- Pre-treatment with capsaicin potentiates superoxide anion release by circulating neutrophils from endotoxemic rats
- Expression and activity of nitric oxide synthase isoforms in rat brain during the development of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis
- Upregulation of muscarinic receptors by long-term nitric oxide inhibition in the rat ileum
- Role of TNF-'alfa' and LTB, in the enhanced airway neutrophil recruitment of rats treated neonatally with capsaicin
- Blockade of renin-angiotensin system prevents bladder dysfunction in two-kidney one-clip hypertensive rats
- Mechanisms involved in the enhancement of allergic airways neutrophil influx by permanent C-fiber degeneration in rats
- Effects of neonatal capsaicin treatment in the neutrophil production, and expression of preprotachykinin-I and tachykinin receptors in the rat bone marrow
- Pre-treatment with capsaicin potenciates LPS-induced neutrophil migration into the peritoneal cavity of rats
- Endogenous inhibitory activity of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) in diabetic rats
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas