Color vision phenotype in duchenne muscle dystrophy (2004)
- Autor USP: VENTURA, DORA SELMA FIX - IP
- Unidade: IP
- Subjects: NEUROFTALMOLOGIA; VISÃO; DIAGNÓSTICO
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Purpose: to investigate colo discrimination in Duchenne Muscle Dystrophy (DMD). Methods: Three different groups of DMD patients were studied: Group 1: without deletions in the dystrophin gene (n=10); Group 2: with deletions upstream exon 30 (n=4); Group 3: with deletion downstream exon 30 (n=15). Control group: 23 age-matched subjectes without ophthalmologic alterations. The Cambridge Colour Test (CCT) (Cambridge Research Systems) with a VSG 2/5 card and a Sony Triniton Monitor was used to measure protan, deutan and tritan thresholds (units u'v' X 103) in a short psychophysical test (Trivector), followed by and 8-vector MacAdam ellipse (area u'v' units X 106). Patients were examined monocularly in the dominant eye, in a dark room. Statical analyses were performed with the Kruskail-Wallis ANOVA on Ranks. Results: The average and standar deviations of color discrimination thresholds are shown in the table below. impairment in color vision was statiscally significant for all Trivector parameters (Protan p<.001; Deutan p=.003; Tritan p=.002) and for the ellipse area (p=.003). The Dunn's Multiple Comparison test revealed that controls differ from group 3. Conclusions: To our knowledge, this is the first time color vision is the focus of a study in DMD. Although color vision is not within the functions that are considered to be discrimination. Patients with deletion downstream exon 30, which causes impairment in the synthesis of Dp260, an isoform of dystrophin expressed in the outer plexiform layer, showed the largest color vision losses.
- Título do periódico: Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Science
- Volume/Número/Paginação/Ano: v. 45, p. E-Abstract 4332, 2004
- Conference titles: Annual Meeting of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmolgy of Genetic
ABNTCOSTA, M F; VENTURA, Dora Selma Fix; PAVANELLO, R C M; CERQUEIRA, A; ZATZ, M. Color vision phenotype in duchenne muscle dystrophy. Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Science[S.l: s.n.], 2004.
APACosta, M. F., Ventura, D. S. F., Pavanello, R. C. M., Cerqueira, A., & Zatz, M. (2004). Color vision phenotype in duchenne muscle dystrophy. Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Science. Lauderdale.
NLMCosta MF, Ventura DSF, Pavanello RCM, Cerqueira A, Zatz M. Color vision phenotype in duchenne muscle dystrophy. Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Science. 2004 ; 45 E-Abstract 4332.
VancouverCosta MF, Ventura DSF, Pavanello RCM, Cerqueira A, Zatz M. Color vision phenotype in duchenne muscle dystrophy. Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Science. 2004 ; 45 E-Abstract 4332.
- Bee meadow experiment of color discrimination in the tropical bee melipona quadrifasciata
- Bee photoreceptors spectral sensitivity, morphology and central connections
- Possíveis fotorreceptores extra-oculares no besouro hylotrupes basulus
- Spectral sensibility of photoreceptors in bee compound eye of stingless tropical bees
- Estudo da lamina ganglionar da abelha melipona quadrifasciata atraves de marcacao anterograda dos fotoreceptores com hrp
- Formacao individual e registros eletrofisiologicos de celulas monopolares de lamina ganglionar da abelha
- Discriminacao de cores e assimetrias discriminativas na abelha melipona quadrifasciata
- Estudo comparativo de somação temporal nos fotorreceptores de 10 especies de insetos
- Morphological changes in the ommatidia of an ant in the day and night states
- Acuidade de resolucao e erro refrativo em criancas ate 3 anos de idade
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas