Distribution of RHO GTPases during submandibular gland development (2004)
- USP affiliated authors: SANTOS, MARINILCE FAGUNDES DOS - ICB
- Unidades: ICB
- Subjects: HISTOLOGIA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Objective: Rho GTPases are involved in morphogenesis and cytodifferentiation through their effects on actin cytoskeleton reorganization, cell proliferation, migration, differentiation and apoptosis. The aim of this study was to evaluate, using immunohistochemistry, the distribution of the GTPases Cdc42, Rac1, RhoA, RhoB and RhoC during the development of the rat submandibular gland (SMG). Methods and Results: Wistar rats were sacrificed at 17, 18, 19 and 20 days of gestation; newborns and male adults were also used. The SMG was fixed with Methacarn solution for 2 h at room temperature, processed and embedded in Paraplast®. The avidin-biotin-peroxidase technique was used for immunohistochemistry. All Rho GTPases studied were found in epithelial and mesenchymal tissues throughout the SMG development. During lumen formation and cellular polarization in the terminal tubule (17th-18th day of gestation), Rac1, Cdc42 and the phosphorylated form of Rac (P-Rac) were observed surrounding the lumen. During intense cytodifferentiation of secretory and ductal cells (19th day and newborn), RhoA and RhoB labelling was more evident. The expression of Rac1, P-Rac and Cdc42 in the adult gland was weak, while RhoA, RhoB and RhoC were observed in different glandular compartments. Conclusion: the expression pattern of Rho GTPases during the development of SMG strongly suggests that these proteins are involved in lumen formation and cytodifferentiation, probably being regulated byepithelial-mesenchymal interactions
- Título do periódico: Abstracts
- Conference title: Congress of the Brazilian Society for Cell Biology
ABNTCREMA, Virgínia Oliveira; SANTOS, Marinilce Fagundes dos. Distribution of RHO GTPases during submandibular gland development. Anais.. Campinas: [s.n.], 2004.
APACrema, V. O., & Santos, M. F. dos. (2004). Distribution of RHO GTPases during submandibular gland development. In Abstracts. Campinas.
NLMCrema VO, Santos MF dos. Distribution of RHO GTPases during submandibular gland development. Abstracts. 2004 ;
VancouverCrema VO, Santos MF dos. Distribution of RHO GTPases during submandibular gland development. Abstracts. 2004 ;
- Faciogenital dysplasia gene product fgd1 functions as a cdc 42hs -specific guanine-nucleotide exchange factor
- Jararagina estimula a migração de células epiteliais, promove a polimerização de actina e o recrutamento de integrinas específicas para os contatos focais
- Jararhagin stimulates epithelial cell migration promotes actin polymerization and the recruitment of specific ingrins to focal contacts
- Polimerização de actina durante o desenvolvimento da glândula submandibular de ratos
- Regulação do citoesqueleto de actina em células epiteliais em dois modelos experimentais: restituição epitelial e citodiferenciação glandular
- Efeitos da hiperglicemia sobre a expressão e localização de metaloprotease 9 (MMP-9) em glândula parótida de ratos
- Jararhagin stimulates epithelial cell migration, promotes actin polymerization, fak phosphorylation and the recruitment of specific integrins to focal contacts
- Alterações na matriz extracelular de glândulas salivares de ratos diabeticos do tipo I.
- Galectina-3 extracelular desestabiliza os contatos focais através da interação com B1 integrina
- Hypermethioninemia provokes oxidative damage and histological changes in liver of rats
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas