Teen at work: the burden of a double shift on daily activities (2004)
- Autor USP: FISCHER, FRIDA MARINA - FSP
- Unidade: FSP
- Subjects: TRABALHO DE MENOR; JORNADA DE TRABALHO; SONO; ATIVIDADES COTIDIANAS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The purpose of this study was to evaluate time spent by working and nonworking adolscents on daily activities (work,, home duties, school, transportation, other activities, leisure, sleep, and naps). Twenty-seven students, 8 male workers, 8 female workers and 5 male nonworkers, and 6 female nonworkers, ages 14-18 rs paarticiped in the study. They attended evening classes Monday-Friday (19:00-22:30 h) in a public school in the city of São Paulo, Brazil. The students answered a comprehensive questionnaire on the characterization of their life, work, and health conditions. Simmultaneously , they wore actigraphs (Ambulatory Monitoring, Inc.) and completed a diary of their daily activities (time spent at work, on home duties, commuting, leisure, other activities) for a minimum of 10 to a maximun of 17 consecutive days. The means of the variables were tested for differences by a two-factor (work and sex) ANOVA and Student-t tet applied to pair-wise samples (weekdays and weekends). The average duration weekdays of working time was 7h 09min and home duties 0h 48min. As for commuting time, there was a work effect [F(1,23)=4.9; p=0.04]; mean commuting time was 2h 22min for workers (males and fenales) and 1h 25min for nonworkers. There was a significant difference between workers and nonworkers [F(1,23)=4.6; p=0.04] regarding extra-curricular class activities; workers spent a mean of 3min/day on them as opposed to 1h 14min by nonworkers. The average daily time spent onleisure activities by workers was 6h 31min; whereas, for nonworkers it was 7h 38min. Time spent in school amounted to 2h 47min for workers in comparison to 3h 22min by nonworkers. There was significant work effect upon sleep [F(1,23)=10.0; p=0.01]. The work effectupon nighttime sleep duration was significant [F(1,23)=16.7; p=0.01]. Male workers sowed a mean night sleep of 6h 57min and female workers 07h 15min. The average nighttime sleep duration for nonworkers was 9h 06min. There was a significant interactive effect between work and sex [F(1,23)=5.6; p=0.03] for naps. Female workers showed took shortest nap on average (36min; SD=35min). Study and employment exert significant impact on the life and activities of hight school students. Work affects sleep and nap duration plus the amount of time spent in school and other extra-curricular activities.(AU)
ABNTTEIXEIRA, Liliane Reis; FISCHER, Frida Marina; NAGAI, Roberta; TURTE, Samantha Lemos. Teen at work: the burden of a double shift on daily activities. Chronobiology International, New York, US : Marcel Dekker, v. 21, n. 6, p. 845-858, 2004.
APATeixeira, L. R., Fischer, F. M., Nagai, R., & Turte, S. L. (2004). Teen at work: the burden of a double shift on daily activities. Chronobiology International, 21( 6), 845-858.
NLMTeixeira LR, Fischer FM, Nagai R, Turte SL. Teen at work: the burden of a double shift on daily activities. Chronobiology International. 2004 ; 21( 6): 845-858.
VancouverTeixeira LR, Fischer FM, Nagai R, Turte SL. Teen at work: the burden of a double shift on daily activities. Chronobiology International. 2004 ; 21( 6): 845-858.
- Absenteísmo e acidentes de trabalho entre trabalhadores em turnos de indústrias automobilísticas
- Analise ergonomica dos postos de bilheteiros
- Trabalho em horarios irregulares: estudo de caso em comissario de bordo
- Jornadas de trabalho em horarios irregulares: possiveis consequencias para a saude
- Napping on the night shift among nursing staff: potential benefits for workers health
- Manifesto do Rio de Janeiro sobre as políticas públicas de saúde do trabalhador, para seu fortalecimiento, acompanhamento e implementação
- Prof. Dr. René Mendes: idealizador, mentor, propulsor da Revista Brasileira de Medicina do Trabalho, em seus 15 anos de existência
- 23rd International Symposium on Shiftwork and Working Time: Towards a Global Consensus
- Analise quantitativa do sono em tripulantes do navio antartico barao de teffe
- Critique of 17 models of shiftwork effects
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas