Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes (2004)
- USP affiliated authors: MACHADO, UBIRATAN FABRES - ICB
- Unidades: ICB
- Subjects: FISIOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: Renal denervation in Streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetes in rats is associated with the reversal of glycosuria and natriuresis. We have previously demonstrated that RD reduced renal GLUT2 in diabetic (D) and control (C) rats, a finding that could be caused by the reduced sympathetic tone. In this study we hyptothesize that sympathetic hyperactivity, characteristic of early-phase hypertension in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) would cause elevation of renal GLUT2 in diabetic rats. Objective: To evaluate the renal content of GLUT1 and GLUT2 under conditions of STZ-diabetes and sympathetic hyperactivity (SHR). Métodos e Resultados: Material and methods: Twenty SHR and 12 Wistar-Kyoto (C) male rats weighing 200-250g, injected with STZ, 50 mg/kg IV (SHRD, n=10 and CD, n=6) or citrate buffer (SHRC, n=10 and C, n=6) 30 days before were studied. A platinum electrode and catheters were implanted in the left renal nerve and into the femoral artery and vein (PE-10) to record, in conscious animals, renal sympathetic activity and arterial pressure (AP), respectively.Recorded data were analyzed on a beat-to-beat basis. Glycemia was monitored during the experiments. Cortex and medulla samples were obtained for GLUT2 and GLUT1 protein content evaluation (Western-blotting), respectively. Conclusões: We concluded that the higher GLUT2 content observed in SHR supports the hypothesis of modulation of glucose transporters by thesympathetic nervous system, since these animals have sympathetic hyperactivity. This effect is additive to the known effects of diabetes in causing higher renal cortical GLUT2 levels.
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference title: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTMOREIRA, E. D.; SCHAAN, B. D.; HERMES, E.; et al. Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia: [s.n.], 2004.
APAMoreira, E. D., Schaan, B. D., Hermes, E., Sauer, F., Lima, N., Passaglia, J., et al. (2004). Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia.
NLMMoreira ED, Schaan BD, Hermes E, Sauer F, Lima N, Passaglia J, Okamoto M, Irigoyen MC. Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes. Resumos. 2004 ;
VancouverMoreira ED, Schaan BD, Hermes E, Sauer F, Lima N, Passaglia J, Okamoto M, Irigoyen MC. Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes. Resumos. 2004 ;
- Introdução a fisiologia endócrina
- Absence of EIF2 alpha phosphorylation could result in insulin resistance in L6 myotubes treated with palmitate
- Exercise-stimulated GLUT4 expression is similar in normotensive and hypertensive rats
- Transepithelial transport of glucose and mRNA of glucose transportes in the small intestine of rats with iron-deficiency anemia
- Effects of acute resistance exercise on endothelium-dependent relaxation in rat mesenteric arteries
- Recovery of insulin sensitivity and Slc2a4 mRNA expression depend on T3 hormone during refeeding
- Reducao seletiva de glut 4 em tecidos insulino-sensiveis de camundongos obesos
- Increased expression of glucose transporter glut-4 in brown adipose tissue of fasted rats after cold exposure
- Caracterizacao de obesidade espontanea em ratos wistar de 12 meses de idade
- Characterization of subcellular membrane fractions from white adipose tissue of obese mice
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas