Plastic changes in the catecholaminergic innervation of the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus in trained rats (2004)
- Autor USP: MICHELINI, LISETE COMPAGNO - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: FISIOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: Accumulating evidence supports an important role for central oxytocinergic and vasopressinergic projections to the NTS in the modulation of cardiovascular control during exercise. While the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus (PVN) is known to be the major source of OT projections to the NTS, the mechanisms underlying modulation of activity of these pathways during exercise are still unknown. The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that plastic changes in the noradrenergic innervation a major network within the PVN is associated with functional changes in exercise training.Métodos e Resultados: Treadmill exercise training (T) in male Wistar rats was performed during 6 weeks (5 days/week), while control rats were kept sedentary (S). To label NTS-projecting PVN neurons, animals received an injection of the retrograde tracer Fluorogold (FG) in the commissural NTS. Brains were fixed, and immunofluorescence experiments were performed against FG and dopamine-ß-hydroxylase (DBH) to obtain confocal photomicrographs spanning rostro-caudal regions of the PVN. The density of DBH staining (defined as the percent area occupied by DBH immunoreactivity) in different PVN subnuclei was quantified and compared between S and T animals. Heterogeneous distribution of DBH fibers was observed within the PVN. Conclusões: Our results suggest that training increases noradrenergic innervation density in the PVN.
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTSILVA, H. M. V.; MICHELINI, L. C.; AMARAL, S. L. D. Plastic changes in the catecholaminergic innervation of the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus in trained rats. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia: [s.n.], 2004.
APASilva, H. M. V., Michelini, L. C., & Amaral, S. L. D. (2004). Plastic changes in the catecholaminergic innervation of the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus in trained rats. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia.
NLMSilva HMV, Michelini LC, Amaral SLD. Plastic changes in the catecholaminergic innervation of the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus in trained rats. Resumos. 2004 ;
VancouverSilva HMV, Michelini LC, Amaral SLD. Plastic changes in the catecholaminergic innervation of the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus in trained rats. Resumos. 2004 ;
- Carotid body artery removal (CBX) prevents training-induced plasticity in the preautonomic vasopressinergic (VPergic) neurons of the paraventricular nucleus
- Normalização da função barorreflexa precede adaptações cardiovasculares induzidas pelo treinamento aeróbio
- Papel da angiotensina ii na regulacao cardiovascular durante hemorragia fracionada em ratos acordados
- Modulação do controle reflexo da frequência cardiaca pela angiotensina II central e periférica
- Dissociação entre atividade aferente e funcionamento global do reflexo pressorreceptor na hipertensão arterial aguda
- Resposta taquicardica na hipertensao arterial: envolvimento da renina plasmatica
- Methylpredinosolone (me) induced hypertension (ht) in rats: a role for diminished insulin sensitivity (is)
- Participacao da angiotensina ii na modulacao do controle reflexo da frequencia cardiaca durante hipertensao arterial aguda
- Central vasopressinergic system and the tachycardia of exercise
- Avaliacao dos tono vagal e simpatico na depressao do reflexo pressorreceptor na hipertensao por coarctacao
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas