Attaching and effacing Escherichia coli (AEEC) strains isolated from cattle in Brazil (2003)
- Autor USP: CASTRO, ANTONIO FERNANDO PESTANA DE - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: MICROBIOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: The aim of this study was to look for the presence of eae and stx genes by Polymerase Chain Reacation (PCR) among Escherichia coli strains isolated from stool samples collected from healthy and diarrheic calves. The intimin subtypes (alfa, beta, gama and delta) and specially the occurrence of epsilon intimin subtype were also determined. Diarrheiagenic E.coli (ECD), which cause gut infections in cattle are classified, at least, in four major groups: Enterotoxigenic E.coli (ETEC), Shiga-toxin E.coli (STEC), Necrotizing E.coli (NETEC) and Attaching and Effacing E.coli (AEEC). STEC has been identified as the cause of diarrhea and dysentery in calves, and two types of Stx can be detected Stx1 and Stx2. In addition, the STEC may show the attaching and effacing lesions associated with the presence of eae gene. This is responsible for producing a 94kDa outer membrane protein (OMP), called intimin. In the present study, 57 (61.9%) eae+ E.coli isolates were identified among a total of 92 stool samples studied.Twenty-nine (51%) of these strains carried only eae (eae+stx-), whereas the remaining strains also carried stx sequences: 3 (5.3%) isolates were stx1+/stx2+, 24 (42.1%) were stx1+ and 1 (1.7%) strain carried stx2+. Among the 57 eae+ strains, 16 (28.1%) presented beta intimin, 15 (26.3%) gama intimin and 2 (3.5%) epsilon intimin. The remaining strains could not be subtyped with the available primers. The adherence patterns to HEp-2 cells presentedby the eae+/stx- strains, the most frequency were LAL (11 strains), DA (5 strains), AA (5 strains), NC (5 strains), and NA (3 strains). Among the adherent strains 48.3% were FAS+. Up to now, it seems that there is a low frequency of epsilon intimin among samples collected from cattle stools in São Paulo, SP, Brazil. Conversely, 42.1% of the isolates presented a non-typable intimin a fact that deserves further investigations
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Congresso Instituto Ciências Biomédicas, IV
ABNTMORATO, Eliana Cláudia Perroud; CASTRO, Antonio Fernando Pestana de; LEOMIL, Luciana; et al. Attaching and effacing Escherichia coli (AEEC) strains isolated from cattle in Brazil. Anais.. São Paulo: Comissão de Pesquisa do ICB/USP, 2003.
APAMorato, E. C. P., Castro, A. F. P. de, Leomil, L., Aidar-Ugrinovich, L., Onuma, D. L., & Guth, B. E. C. (2003). Attaching and effacing Escherichia coli (AEEC) strains isolated from cattle in Brazil. In Resumos. São Paulo: Comissão de Pesquisa do ICB/USP.
NLMMorato ECP, Castro AFP de, Leomil L, Aidar-Ugrinovich L, Onuma DL, Guth BEC. Attaching and effacing Escherichia coli (AEEC) strains isolated from cattle in Brazil. Resumos. 2003 ;
VancouverMorato ECP, Castro AFP de, Leomil L, Aidar-Ugrinovich L, Onuma DL, Guth BEC. Attaching and effacing Escherichia coli (AEEC) strains isolated from cattle in Brazil. Resumos. 2003 ;
- Possíveis novos mecanismos de patogenicidade de amostras de Escherichia coli isoladas de bovinos com diarréia e pesquisa de adesinas por métodos "in vivo" e "in vitro"
- Multidrug-resistant shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli 0118:H16 in Latin America
- Production and secretion of heat labile toxins by enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli strains isolated from human and porcine hosts
- Análise fenotípica e molecular de amostras de Escherichia coli de origem aviária produtoras de betalactamases de espectro estendido (esbl)
- Occurrence of virulence-related sequences and phylogenetic analysis of commensal and pathogenic avian Escherichia coli strains (APEC)
- Serotypes, virulence genes, and intimin types of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) and enteropathogenic E. coli (EPEC) isolated from calves in São Paulo, Brazil
- Characterization of two major groups of diarrheagenic Escherichia coli O26 strains which are globally spread in human patients and domestic animals of different species
- Identification of enteropathogenic and enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli strains by immunoserological detection of intimin
- Estudo sobre os fatores de virulência em amostras de "Escherichia coli" isoladas em cães com diarréia e normais: Características de intiminas produzidas detectáveis pela reação em cadeia da polimerase
- Amostras de Escherichia coli STEC (EAE+) isoladas de bovinos no Brasil: pesquisa da intimina 'épsilon' e da inserção do locus de entorocyte effacement (LEE) no cromossoma bacteriano
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas