Phagocytosis of apoptotic and necrotic cells by murine peritoneal macrophages - involvement of PAF receptors (2003)
- USP affiliated authors: MENDES, JOAO GUSTAVO PESSINI AMARANTE - ICB ; NEGRO, SONIA JANCAR - ICB
- Unidade: ICB
- Assunto: IMUNOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objectives:In the present study we investigated the phagocytic index (PI) of apoptotic (Ta) or necrotic (Tn) compared to intact thymocytes (T) and the effect of a selective antagonist of PAF receptors,WEB 2170.The effect of the phagocytosis of these cells on LPS-induced PGE2 and nitric oxide (NO) production was also investigated. Methods:Thyoglicolate elicited peritoneal macrophages (Balb/C mice) were left to adhere for 3h (37oC,5%CO2) and the adherent cells were stimulated or not with LPS (1Ug/mL) overnight.Balb/c thymocytes were gamma irradiated (450rad) or heated at 60oC for 30 minutes to obtain Ta or Tn respectively.These cells were then added to the macrophages (1 macrophage:2 thymocytes) and after 2h the PI was determined (PI= % of phagocytosing macrophages X mean number of thymocytes per macrophage).Some cultures were treated with WEB 2170 (25Ug/mL),20h before addition of thymocytes.PGE2 and NO levels were evaluated by ELISA and Griess reaction respectively in 20h cultures of LPS-stimulated macrophages (submitted for 2h to the thymocytes).Results:The PI was higher for necrotic and apoptotic cells when compared to intact cells (223,8 +/- 30,13; 115,7 +/-17,4 and 43,67 +/- 13,37 for Tn, Ta and T,respectively).Same pattern was observed with LPS-stimulated macrophages.Pre-treatment of macrophages with WEB 2170 inhibited the phagocytosis of Ta (55,5% inhibition) and Tn (39,1% inhibition) but did not affect phagocytosis of intactcells.Moreover,the LPS-induced NO production was not affected by phagocytosis of these thymocytes whereas PGE2 levels were significantly increased by phagocytosis of Tn but not of Ta or T.These results show that macrophage functions are affected by apoptotic or necrotic cells and point out to involvement of PAF-receptors in the phagocytosis of necrotic and apoptotic cells
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Congresso Instituto Ciências Biomédicas, IV
ABNTOLIVEIRA, Soraya Imon de; MENDES, João Gustavo Pessini Amarante; NEGRO, Sonia Jancar; et al. Phagocytosis of apoptotic and necrotic cells by murine peritoneal macrophages - involvement of PAF receptors. Anais.. São Paulo: Comissão de Pesquisa do ICB/USP, 2003.
APAOliveira, S. I. de, Mendes, J. G. P. A., Negro, S. J., Shio, M. T., Brumatti, G., Landgraf, R. G., & Silva, V. A. (2003). Phagocytosis of apoptotic and necrotic cells by murine peritoneal macrophages - involvement of PAF receptors. In Resumos. São Paulo: Comissão de Pesquisa do ICB/USP.
NLMOliveira SI de, Mendes JGPA, Negro SJ, Shio MT, Brumatti G, Landgraf RG, Silva VA. Phagocytosis of apoptotic and necrotic cells by murine peritoneal macrophages - involvement of PAF receptors. Resumos. 2003 ;
VancouverOliveira SI de, Mendes JGPA, Negro SJ, Shio MT, Brumatti G, Landgraf RG, Silva VA. Phagocytosis of apoptotic and necrotic cells by murine peritoneal macrophages - involvement of PAF receptors. Resumos. 2003 ;
- Phagocytosis of apoptotic and necrotic cells by murine peritoneal macrophages involvement of PAF receptors
- Efeito de antagonista de PAF no número de células, apoptose, produção de PGE2 e no crescimento do tumor ascítico de Ehrlich (TAE)
- Phagocytosis of apoptotic and necrotic thymocytes is inhibited by PAF-receptor antagonists and affects LPS-induced COX-2 expression in murine macrophages
- Efeito de antagonista de paf no número de células, apoptose, produção de pge2 e no crescimento do tumor ascítico de ehrlich(tae)
- FASL upregulation and T cell death by AICD are prevented by macrophage- and DC-derived PGE2
- Mechanism of suppression of T cell AICD mediated by macrophage- and DC-derived prostaglandin 'E IND.2'
- Macrophage- and DC-derived PGE2 protects T cells from AICD by preventing FasL upregulation
- PGE2 derivada de macrófagos ou células dendríticas protege linfócitos T da AICD bloqueando a expressão de FasL
- Cross-talk between innate and adaptive immunity: TLR4/MYD88-dependent, LPS-induced synthesis of PGE2 by macrophages or dendritic cells prevents anti-CD3- mediated apoptosis of T cells
- Resistência da apoptose e mecanismos envolvidos induzidos por clofilium em linhagens de células Hl-60
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas