Transcriptional control of the reck metastasis/angiogenesis suppressor gene (2002)
- USP affiliated authors: GRANJEIRO, JOSE MAURO - FOB ; SOGAYAR, MARI CLEIDE - IQ
- Schools: FOB; IQ
- Subjects: METÁSTASE NEOPLÁSICA; CÉLULAS PRIMITIVAS; ANGIOMA ANIMAL
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The reck gene is widely expressed in normal human tissues but is downregulated in tumor cell lines and oncongenically transformed fibroblasts. Reck encodes a membrane-anchored glycoprotein that suppresses tumor invasion and angiogenesis by regulating matrix-metalloproteinases (MMP-2, MMP-9 and MTI-MPP). Understanding of the transcriptional regulation of tumor/metastasis suppressor genes constitutes a potent approach to the molecular basis of malignant transformation. In order to uncover the mechanisms of control of Reck gene expression the Reck promoter has been cloned and characterized. One of the elements responsible for the Ras-mediated dowregulation of mouse Reck gene is the Sp1 sile, to which Sp1 and Sp3 factors bind. Other regulatory events, such as DNA methylation of the Reck promoter and histone acetylation/deacctylation have been studied to understand the underlying mechanisms of Reck expression. Understanding of the mechanisms which control Reck gene transcription may lead to the development of new strategies for cancer prevention and treatment
- Título do periódico: Cancer Detection and Prevention
- Volume/Número/Paginação/Ano: v. 26, p. 435-443, 2002
ABNTSASAHARA, Regina Maki; BROCHADO, Sheila Maria; TAKAHASHI, Chiaki; et al. Transcriptional control of the reck metastasis/angiogenesis suppressor gene. Cancer Detection and Prevention[S.l.], v. 26, p. 435-443, 2002.
APASasahara, R. M., Brochado, S. M., Takahashi, C., Oh, J., Maria-Engler, S. S., Granjeiro, J. M., et al. (2002). Transcriptional control of the reck metastasis/angiogenesis suppressor gene. Cancer Detection and Prevention, 26, 435-443.
NLMSasahara RM, Brochado SM, Takahashi C, Oh J, Maria-Engler SS, Granjeiro JM, Noda M, Sogayar MC. Transcriptional control of the reck metastasis/angiogenesis suppressor gene. Cancer Detection and Prevention. 2002 ; 26 435-443.
VancouverSasahara RM, Brochado SM, Takahashi C, Oh J, Maria-Engler SS, Granjeiro JM, Noda M, Sogayar MC. Transcriptional control of the reck metastasis/angiogenesis suppressor gene. Cancer Detection and Prevention. 2002 ; 26 435-443.
- Cytotoxicity analysis of a fully processed bovine bone graft
- Comparative cytotoxicity analysis of the bovine xenografts
- Tartrate resistant acid phosphatase activity in human osteoblasts hFOB 1.19 during cell cycle and differentiation
- Transcriptional control of the RECK metastasis/angiogenesis suppressor gene
- Cloning and expression of IF-2 low molecular weight protein tyrosine phosphatase from human pancreas
- Mmp-9 expression in response to fully-processed inorganic medullar bovine bone
- Characterization of the oxidative stress state in a mouse cell line transformed by poliomavirus MT antigen
- Molecular cloning of human BMP-2 an BMP-7 genes
- Zymographyc analysis of metaloproteinase-2 and-9 during palatal shelf fusion
- Cytotoxicity evaluation of partially purified bovine bone morphogenetic protein adsorbed to synthetic hydroxyapatite
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas