Evaluation of compatibility between different types of adhesives and dual-cured resin cement (2002)
- USP affiliated authors: FRANCO, EDUARDO BATISTA - FOB ; PEREIRA, JOSE CARLOS - FOB ; MONDELLI, RAFAEL FRANCISCO LIA - FOB ; NAVARRO, MARIA FIDELA DE LIMA - FOB
- Unidade: FOB
- Subjects: ADESIVOS DENTINÁRIOS; CIMENTOS DE IONÔMEROS DE VIDRO
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The objective of this in vitro study was to evaluate the bonding compatibility between different adhesives and a dual-cured resin cement, using a conventional tensile bond test. Materials and methods: the adhesives used were: Prime & Bond (PB) (Dentsply) (PB), Scotchbond Multi Purpose (SB) (3M), and the activator Self Cure (SC) (Dentsply). The dual-curing resin cement used was Enforce (EF)(Dentsply). Six groups with five specimens in each were tested: G1:EF/PB/EF (light cured); G2:EF/SB/EF (light cured); G3:EF/PB+SC/EF (light cured); G4:EF/PB+SC/EF (only chemically cured); G5:EF/EF (light cured); G6:EF/EF (only chemically cured). The resin cement was applied in two stainless steel molds with a cone-shaped perforation measuring 4 mm in diameter and 1 mm in thickness, and the adhesive was applied between them. Ten minutes after specimens were cured, the tensile strength was measured in a universal testing machine at a crosshead speed of 0.5 mm/min. Results: The mean values (MPa) '+OU-' SD obtained in each experimental group were: G1: 1.4 '+OU-' 0.2; G2: 1.3 '+OU-' 0.2; G3: 1.2 '+OU-' 0.4; G4: 0.8 '+OU-' 0.2; G5: 1.2 '+OU-' 0.1; G6: 0.7 '+OU-' 0.1. The results were statistically evaluated using nonparametric Kruskal-Wallis and Dunn tests (p'<OU=' 0.05). Statistically significant differences among groups were found only between G1 and G4, and G1 and G6. Conclusion: There was no incompatibility among the different adhesives used with dual-cured resin cement. The lowesttensile bond strength values occured in the absence of photoactivation
ABNTFRANCO, Eduardo Batista; LOPES, Lawrence Gonzaga; D'ALPINO, Paulo Henrique Perlatti; et al. Evaluation of compatibility between different types of adhesives and dual-cured resin cement. Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, New Maldin, v. 4, n. 4, p. 271-275. 2002, 2002.
APAFranco, E. B., Lopes, L. G., D'Alpino, P. H. P., Pereira, J. C., Mondelli, R. F. L., & Navarro, M. F. de L. (2002). Evaluation of compatibility between different types of adhesives and dual-cured resin cement. Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, 4( 4), 271-275. 2002.
NLMFranco EB, Lopes LG, D'Alpino PHP, Pereira JC, Mondelli RFL, Navarro MF de L. Evaluation of compatibility between different types of adhesives and dual-cured resin cement. Journal of Adhesive Dentistry. 2002 ; 4( 4): 271-275. 2002.
VancouverFranco EB, Lopes LG, D'Alpino PHP, Pereira JC, Mondelli RFL, Navarro MF de L. Evaluation of compatibility between different types of adhesives and dual-cured resin cement. Journal of Adhesive Dentistry. 2002 ; 4( 4): 271-275. 2002.
- Fotopolimerização de resina composta com luz halógena e LED
- Effect of light-curing units and activation mode on polymerization shrinkage and shrinkage stress of composite resins
- Shrinkage and stress due to activation mode and different resins
- Remineralização de manchas em esmalte
- Preparo e restauracao de cavidade classe ii com acesso oclusal sem comprometimento da crista marginal ( preparo em tunel )
- Efectos de diferentes técnicas de inserción y polimerización en la infiltración marginal de la cavidad de classe II restauradas con resina compuesta - estudio "in vitro"
- Influência da aplicação tópica de flúor na rugosidade superficial de uma resina composta
- Avaliação fotoelástica das tensões de contração de polimerização em função da técnica e fonte de ativação
- Evaluation of internal adaptation of class V resin composite restorationsusing three techniques of polymerization
- Uso de selantes de superfície nas restaurações de resina composta
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas