Treatment effects produced by Fränkel appliance in patients with class II, division 1 malocclusion (2002)
- USP affiliated authors: HENRIQUES, JOSE FERNANDO CASTANHA - FOB ; ALMEIDA, RENATO RODRIGUES DE - FOB
- Unidade: FOB
- Assunto: MALOCLUSÃO DE ANGLE CLASSE II
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The purpose of this investigation was to evaluate the dentoalveolar and skeletal cephalometric changes produced by the Fränkel appliance in individuals with a class II, division 1 malocclusion. Lateral cephalograms of 44 patients of both sexes were divided in two groups of 22 each. The control group was comprised of untreated class I children with an initial mean age of eight years and seven months who were followed without treatment for a period of 13 months. The Fränkel group had an initial mean age of nine years and was treated for a mean period of 17 months. Lateral cephalometric headfilms of each patient were obtained at the beginning and end of treatment. The Fränkel appliance produced no significant changes in maxillary growth during the evaluation period, while a statistically significant increase in mandibular length was observed. The maxillomandibular relationship improved mostly because of an increase in mandibular length. In addition, there were no statistically significant differences in the craniofacial growth direction between the Fränkel and the control group, both showing a slight drownward rotation of the palatal plane. The Fränkel appliance produced a labial tipping of the lower incisors and a lingual inclination of the upper incisors as well as a significant increase in mandibular posterior dentoalveolar height. It was concluded that the main effects of the Fränkel appliance during this time period were mostly dentoalveolar with asmaller but significant skeletal mandibular effect
ABNTALMEIDA, Márcio Rodrigues de; HENRIQUES, José Fernando Castanha; ALMEIDA, Renato Rodrigues de; URSI, Weber José da Silva. Treatment effects produced by Fränkel appliance in patients with class II, division 1 malocclusion. Angle Orthodontist[S.l.], v. 72, n. 5, p. 418-25. 2002, 2002.
APAAlmeida, M. R. de, Henriques, J. F. C., Almeida, R. R. de, & Ursi, W. J. da S. (2002). Treatment effects produced by Fränkel appliance in patients with class II, division 1 malocclusion. Angle Orthodontist, 72( 5), 418-25. 2002.
NLMAlmeida MR de, Henriques JFC, Almeida RR de, Ursi WJ da S. Treatment effects produced by Fränkel appliance in patients with class II, division 1 malocclusion. Angle Orthodontist. 2002 ;72( 5): 418-25. 2002.
VancouverAlmeida MR de, Henriques JFC, Almeida RR de, Ursi WJ da S. Treatment effects produced by Fränkel appliance in patients with class II, division 1 malocclusion. Angle Orthodontist. 2002 ;72( 5): 418-25. 2002.
- Modificação do aparelho pendulum/pend-X. Sua descrição e técnica de construção
- Ortodontia preventiva e interceptora: quando indicar o tratamento precose
- Diagnóstico e tratamento da mordida cruzada anterior e posterior
- Abordagem terapêutica da ausência dos incisivos laterais superiores: interação ortodontia e dentística cosmética
- Estabilidade da mordida aberta anterior: apresentação de um caso clínico
- Estudo comparativo, por meio da análise cefalométrica em norma frontal, dos efeitos dentoesqueléticos produzidos por três tipos de expansores palatinos
- Utilização do AEB conjugado na interceptação da má-oclusão de classe II, 1ª divisão
- Ortodontia preventiva e interceptora: mito ou realidade?
- Habito de succion del pulgar y mala oclusion: presentacion de un caso clinico
- Anterior open bite treated with a palatal crib and high-pull chin cup therapy: a prospective randomized study
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas