FT-IR spectroscopy of organic matter in tropical soils: changes induced through deforestation (2000)
- USP affiliated authors: FEIGL, BRIGITTE JOSEFINE - CENA ; CERRI, CARLOS CLEMENTE - CENA
- Unidade: CENA
- Subjects: QUÍMICA DO SOLO; ESPECTROSCOPIA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: This article describes a series of transmission Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy measurements of soil layers, especially organic soil layers, originating from a tropical forest and from a pasture, which was developed after deforestation of the tropical soil in 1987. Spectral information obtained from forest and pasture soil layers from central Rondônia, Brazul, was analyzed and compared. A variety of bands characteristic of molecular structures and functional groups have been identified for these complex samples. Cluster analysis revealed that such land use change affects the spectroscopic behavior of the organic soil layers. A significantly closer relationship between the pasture soil layers in comparison to the forest soil layers was obtained. This result indicates a higher homogeneity of the intoduced litter from pasture vegetation compared to forest. The application of regression models enabled the estimation of soil parameters, such as organic carbon and nitrogen; the identification and differentiation of organic forest soil horizons; and the determination of the decomposition status of soil organic matter in distinct layers. On the basis of the data presented in this study, it may be concluded that FT-IR spectroscopy is a powerful tool for the investigation of decomposition dynamics and litter quality in tropical soils
- Título do periódico: Applied Spectroscopy
- Volume/Número/Paginação/Ano: v. 54, n. 2, p.221-224, 2000
ABNTHABERHAUER, G; FEIGL, Brigitte Josefine; GERZABEK, M H; CERRI, Carlos Clemente. FT-IR spectroscopy of organic matter in tropical soils: changes induced through deforestation. Applied Spectroscopy, Frederick, v. 54, n. 2, p. 221-224, 2000.
APAHaberhauer, G., Feigl, B. J., Gerzabek, M. H., & Cerri, C. C. (2000). FT-IR spectroscopy of organic matter in tropical soils: changes induced through deforestation. Applied Spectroscopy, 54( 2), 221-224.
NLMHaberhauer G, Feigl BJ, Gerzabek MH, Cerri CC. FT-IR spectroscopy of organic matter in tropical soils: changes induced through deforestation. Applied Spectroscopy. 2000 ; 54( 2): 221-224.
VancouverHaberhauer G, Feigl BJ, Gerzabek MH, Cerri CC. FT-IR spectroscopy of organic matter in tropical soils: changes induced through deforestation. Applied Spectroscopy. 2000 ; 54( 2): 221-224.
- Estudo comparativo da quantificação da biomassa microbiana do solo pelos métodos da incubação e da extração após fumigação
- Ciclo do carbono no solo
- Transferencia de compostos de carbono da planta viva do solo . Metodologia isotopica (14C) de quantificacao
- Estoques de carbono e nitrogênio no solo cultivado com mamona na Caatinga
- Biomassa microbiana de solo sob pastagens na Amazonia
- Respiracao do solo: comparacao entre areas com mata natural, mata recem-queimada e pastagem, na amazonia
- Temperature and moisture affect methane and nitrous oxide emission from bovine manure patches in tropical conditions
- Changes in the origin and quality of soil organic matter after pasture introduction in Rondonia (Brazil)
- Effect of agricultural management on N2O emissions in the Brazilian sugarcane yield
- Effects of pasture introduction on soil CO2 emissions during the dry season in the state of Rondonia Brazil
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas