Privileged partnerships and communication during play (1993)
- Autor USP: CARVALHO, ANA MARIA ALMEIDA - IP
- Unidade: IP
- Subjects: CRIANCA (SOCIOLOGIA); DESENVOLVIMENTO MORAL; INTERAÇÃO INTERPESSOAL; RECREAÇÃO
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Some possible functions of children's early selectivity towards play partners were explored in this study through the analysis of the communication process between privileged and non-privileged partners during free play. Two sets of data are analyzed, one from a semistructured play situation with 3 year-old dyads selected from a daycare center in Sheffield, U. K; and the second from a longitudinal record of free play activities of 2-6 year-old children in a daycare center in São Paulo, Brazil. Privileged partnerships were defined by observational criteria (differential frequency of proximity, attention orientation and interaction), complemented by staff evaluations. Quantitative and qualitative analyses were performed on the communication process occurring in social exchanges between preidentified privileged and non-privileged partners. The results suggest that: (1) there is a qualitative, rather than a quantitative, difference in the communication between privileged and non-privileged partners, the later presenting less evidence of shared codes and shared knowledge; (2) an active process of construction of shared meanings and shared knowledge goes on during paly interactions, and this process is especially noticeable in privileged partner's interactions. These results suggest a possible function of stable relationships as a context which favors the construction of socially created knowledge, a process which lies in the roots of the concept of culture.
- Título do periódico: Abstracts
- Conference titles: Biennial Meetings of International Society for Study on Behavioral Development
ABNTCARVALHO, Ana Maria Almeida. Privileged partnerships and communication during play. Anais.. Recife: [s.n.], 1993.
APACarvalho, A. M. A. (1993). Privileged partnerships and communication during play. In Abstracts. Recife.
NLMCarvalho AMA. Privileged partnerships and communication during play. Abstracts. 1993 ;
VancouverCarvalho AMA. Privileged partnerships and communication during play. Abstracts. 1993 ;
- Escrever um livro, é reconhecidamente, uma tarefa difícil. [Apresentação]
- Brincar, é preciso
- Questões ontogenéticas e filosóficas da comunicação na infância
- Algumas reflexões sobre o uso da categoria interação social
- Interaction, regulation and correlation in the context of human development: conceptual discussion and empirical examples
- From disordered to ordered movement: attractor configuration and development
- A segunda metade...[Editorial]
- Privileged relationships and communication
- Communication functions of laughter in young children's interactions
- Desenvolvimento social e praticas de criacao
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas